• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Why is it so bloody hard ..

direstraits said:
Is it an African swallow, though, pwilson?

I like Galaxy Quest too... Sigourney Weaver's character was funny esp at the end where her clothes were all torn up, but Tim Allen was hilarious.

ds
Of course, African swallows are not migratory, ds

As far as Galaxy Quest goes, I also though Justin Long (leader of the nerdy fan club) and Sam Rockwell (character w/o a name, later Guy Fleegman) were very funny! Actually, once I started making that list I realized that basically everyone cracked me up (Tony Shaloub, Alan Rickman and on and on...)

I agree about A Fish Called Wanda and Time Bandits being great. Labyrinth is also pretty funny, too (even though it's a kids' film).

And how did I forget to mention The Comic Strip Presents..., Drop the Dead Donkey and Father Ted?! :eek: Altogether now - "That would be an ecumenical matter!" :D

bobbyburns said:
it's not funny unless you're in parallel dimension where all the funny jokes are vacuous.

Bobby... your comments are so subtle that it's not very clear, but reading between the lines I get the impression you're not a fan of Father Ted.

Dude Where's My Car makes my laugh my head off everytime I see it, it's just insanely terrific. My favourite comedy movies are norwegian though, but I guess there's no point in listing them. Pirates of the Caribbean made me laugh a lot, is it a comedy? Anyway, whatever you do, do not watch the movie Willard.

Martin,

If you want a good laugh, get the Family Guy DVDs (seasons one through three). This the only show that gets me to laugh outloud.

sirmyk said:
Martin,

If you want a good laugh, get the Family Guy DVDs (seasons one through three). This the only show that gets me to laugh outloud.
Dont like the family guy but each to there own!

ruby said:
Dont like the family guy but each to there own!
You are also a housewife with two kids. If I was a housewife and had two kids, I don't think I'd like Family Guy either. Plus, I'd be a really confused man with a uterus.

Martin, are you going after film or television?

I guess it depends on what kind of comedy you like.
Also alot of people find crude stuff very offensive. Usually not me.

I feel pretty safe recomending The Imposters. It's not gut busting funny but it's still funny.

sirmyk said:
You are also a housewife with two kids. If I was a housewife and had two kids, I don't think I'd like Family Guy either. Plus, I'd be a really confused man with a uterus.
Sirmyk being a housewife and a mum has never stopped me having a good sense of humour,and a confused man with a uterus that is funny in its self! :rolleyes:

I was surprised but Team America World Police had me in hysterics. I think it was funnier because it was puppets but I recommend it.

Recent Frat Pack films like Dodgeball and Anchorman just weren't funny apart from Tim Robbin's hair in Anchorman!

Everyone of you guys needs to watch Home for the Holidays. It will be the most side splitting fun you will ever have. It's generally about a mother regretfully traveling to her parents house to attend a family get-together for Thanksgiving. It is soooo funny because you can really relate to all the family troubles. Another thing that makes this movie so good is the cast of old favorites like: Holly Hunter, Anne Bancroft, Robert Downey Jr. etc.

Please, Go See This Movie!!!!

Back