• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Why is it?

dizzyshelly

That when your reading in bed and you finally decide this must be the last chapter tonight because your eyes are struggling to stay awake any longer, you get to the end of the chapter and something really good happens? And then you can't possibly go sleep now you need to find out what happens! :confused:

Advice for insomniacs usually includes not reading at bedtime. This is one of the reasons.

Mari said:
Advice for insomniacs usually includes not reading at bedtime. This is one of the reasons.

Especially when you're only fifty pages from finishing a book and you don't see the logic in waiting the next day to finish. That's when you just decide to go to work late or take a discretionary day.;)

I think that books always seem more interesting when you have to stop reading them, such as when you have to sleep. if you had plenty of time to read the book, it wouldn't seem as interesting.

I unfortunately find those types of books too rarely. Books more often put me to sleep than keep me awake. That's why I read on the bus.

Aha. This is why I try not to read in bed. And if I have too, I read books I know won't keep me up all night.

I had this problem with just about the entire Harry Potter series...particularly the last two! I also pulled all nighters with the Spiderwick Chronicles ( I read the 1st book in one night, and on another night read the remaining 4). I actually love it when that happens!!!

I started reading a chapter a night when I got The Scarlet Pimpernel. Then it got to the point where I had to force myself to stop reading in order to get some sleep. Ah, so hard! I'd stop reading before I go to bed, but it's usually the best time for me to get some reading in.

Back