• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Why Is There Death?

all things have their proper term of existence and decay; and nothing has been created without its corresponding agency of death...

Clark Ashton Smith

If there wasnt death then there will be no cycle of life. Everyhtng needs to die to live.

Anyway if there was no death the world will be over populated and would really suck....

Did You Say Death?

Now don't laugh:

To me there must be some sort of intelligence behind this experiece called life/death. Since such (the Intelligence behind it all) made, or cause to be, all things there must be a purpose to it all- to each one of us. Note I did not say a divine purpose, just a purpose: generally speaking. I am not the religious type. Life has meaning as does death in my view.

With that in mind...

I believe that string theory is reality. Hence we are living in one of many dimesions as described in that elegent theory. Death is thus the transfer from one dimension to another (odd I know). Now I am an agnostic so doubt is ever present in my perspective but I feel comfortable with it nonetheless- it feels right to me. :rolleyes:

Death is just the end of Life. Otherwise, nothing would live and the world would be a barren sulfuric wasteland.

Yes, there is a Death; there must be.

Death is just the next great adventure, because nobody knows what happens after that!

Scratch that. Too optomistic! ;)

What about past lives? Reincarnation? Nothingness? Karma? Heaven and Hell? Who believes in what here? I'm not exactly sure myself.

Where did my reply go?:confused: I'll try again.

Beginning - middle -end. Same as any story.:)

Incomplete without the end.

Reincarnation? Nothingness? Karma? Heaven and Hell? Who believes in what here? I'm not exactly sure myself.

I'd like to think we're reborn and go on to lead different lives, but lately I'm not sure if I actually believe in that.

Anyway... why death? Well, we can only go on for so long. Really, who wants to live forever? Not I...

Death is the result of the various components of our body shutting down after a designated time period. Our hearts can only beat so many times, the cells of our brain will only function for so long before they degenerate, nerves and muscle also break down. It's biology. It's the nature of our evolution to last about 80 years on average (don't quote me on that), then our bodies break down, and the atoms that once constituted us move on to become other things.

Not quite as romantic as some theories, but hey, it's what I believe.

According to Hindu mythology everything has three phases, namely 'srishti', 'shthiti' and 'vinasha' means creative, preservative and desustructive phases respectively.

Our birth is 'srishti', life span is 'shthiti' and death is 'vinasha'. That is why death is important, death is inevitable law of nature.

The most important thing is without death life will be value less.

Without death, there would be no birth, and without birth, there would be no life to end.

I liked the story metaphor, jaybe, very smart.

What is the saying? Death exists to make life worth it. I don't know who wrote it. I don't know where I heard it. In fact it might not be a quote at all but it make sense.

I like to think of it as the circle of life - no i havnt been watching the lion king - We are born, we die, we go into the ground and provide food for the trees/plants,they then produce the oxygen etc for us to live and breath and produce more babies.

I thoroughly believe that we are in the trees, the plants and the air. That is where we go when we die.

Back