• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Why the Chicken Crossed the Road

I motion that this thread should be joined with the former one - this forum is a mess of disjointed threads which should be gathered together and sorted.

*We are all born in the gutter but some of us are looking at your arse. *

I originally replied with logophile but that was somebody who loves to talk and so I added etymophile but that's just someone who loves words. The one above, which I won't attempt to type again, is the love of long words.

Even typing "someone who loves long words" takes not nearly as much effort as that word.

It is a long word, though, so in that respect it makes sense.

Cheers, Martin

MARK TWAIN: The report of the chicken crossing the road was an exaggeration.

Mile-O-Phile said:
I originally replied with logophile but that was somebody who loves to talk and so I added etymophile but that's just someone who loves words. The one above, which I won't attempt to type again, is the love of long words.

Shouldn't legophile be someone who loves to talk, as in ancient greek lego (apologies for the horrible Roman character rendition) means to speak, whilst logos means word?

What's more amusing is putting -phobia on the end instead of -philia. Then one gets a 36-letter (or thereabouts) monstrosity, meaning the fear of long words...

Back