• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Why we re-read books

I reread books in order to try to get that feeling I got the first time I read them..I don't know, it's hard to describe, but every now and then I find a book that makes me feel good inside. Those are the only books I ever really reread.

I don't usually re-read books. It had better be really, really good to make me want to read it again. Proofreading one of my own stories doesn't count of course because it's a necessity. (I guess there's more motivation to make sure the first time that I like what I'm writing.) Anyway, I have re-read one of Aaron Allston's New Jedi Order star wars books... Rebel Dream, I think. I started re-reading some of the Young Jedi Knight books because I couldn't remember anything about them except that I loved them as a kid.
I've also re-read a few Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermysteries...but again that was purely for old time sake.

I've only done it a handful of times. I average 25 books a year or so and reading something over again just seems like a waste of time when there's so much more out there to be discovered.

I imagine I'll go back to certain books a lot later in life.

Back