• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

William Shakespeare: Macbeth

SFG75

I read this one years ago and will be introducing it to a student soon, who is thrilled that she has to read it.:D Anyone else enjoy this particular one? Here is the MacBeth wiki entry.

IMO it's not only Shakespeare's best work, but one of the most powerful pieces of fiction ever... Macbeth echoes in just about any action-with-brains story written since, and it's got one-liners that Ah-nuld Schwarzenegger could only dream of.

Lay on, Macduff! And damn'd be he who first cries 'Hold! Enough!'

Plus, Roman Polanski's film version is one of my favourite Shakespeare adaptations.

Macbeth was most definitely one of Bill's better works. While I enjoy some of the others better when actually performed, Macbeth is the best to read I think. I don't really enjoy productions of it that much. However, I did really enjoy the movie Scotland PA. If you like Macbeth, watch the movie. It's a great take on it.

A fine work is Macbeth and a good parody is Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett which always makes me chuckle

I like Macbeth. I think it was his shortest play too?

But it is interesting, plenty of action, and relatively easy to read at least for Shakespeare.

I like Macbeth. I think it was his shortest play too?

But it is interesting, plenty of action, and relatively easy to read at least for Shakespeare.

I'm taking a Shakespeare class at my university. I think Othello is his shortest play (In length and time span - story is over the course of a day & a half).

But Macbeth is great. I read it for the first time 11 years ago and it's the most current play we're discussing in class.

It's always been one of my favourites, and it's grounded in at least some degree of historical truth. Like King Lear, Othello, and Hamlet, it's unsparing in its emotional power. It really impresses me that a person who could write this sort of thing was also such a master at the art of light comedy.

Back