• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Wonderful site!

Wabbit

Hi, found this wonderful site called book browse

I quote from the site itself because It can explaine much better than a poor 'ol wabbit :D

About 100,000 new books are published each year, and that's just in the USA. How many of these do you have time to read?

Let's say you read one book a week, in a year you'll read about fifty titles, or about 1 out of every 1,200 books. How do you choose which tiny fraction to read?

Some people select books based on other people's opinions (whether it be reading newspaper reviews or taking a recommendation from a friend); others visit the bookstore to see what's new; most of us do a combination of both.

The downside of reading reviews is that you have to take that single person's word for it - you can't browse the book itself, as you would if you were in a bookstore. However, the problem about visiting so many bookstores, on and offline, is that there's no one available to guide you through the overwhelming selection.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a place where you could read the opinions of multiple reviewers and browse the book itself? Well, as you might have guessed there is - and you've already found it - BookBrowse.com.

BookBrowse does the legwork for you. Every week we scour newspapers, magazines, and web sites in the USA and worldwide, to find out which books are getting the buzz, both in the publishing world and in the consumer press, and then we feature the best of these at BookBrowse.com. Most importantly, we don't expect you to take our word for it, instead we re-print a substantial excerpt of each and every book, plus succinct reviews from a variety of established media sources.

In addition to the excerpt and reviews, you can browse the book jacket synopsis and author biography plus, in many cases, a reading guide and interview.

We don't sell books, so we don't have a vested interest in pushing only 'bestsellers', Instead we look for an eclectic, informative and interesting selection of titles, from established writers to first time authors, from history to mystery, from current affairs to romantic affairs, and a bit of everything in between.

So, if you don't have the time or inclination to search through every book on the shelf to find the few diamonds in the rough - visit BookBrowse.com and test drive the next great book that you're going to read!

And also from the site ( FAQ )

This is my first visit - please show me around?
To browse the very latest titles visit BookBrowse's home page. If you're interested in a particular genre you can browse books in more than 30 categories, including 1st time authors, which is an excellent resource for today's up and coming authors. Incidentally, all books shown at BookBrowse are selected on merit - we don't accept payments to list books

Other good starting points are the Bestseller Lists. Or, if you're looking for a particular title or author try browsing by Title or Author. BookBrowse also lets you search by author or title. This is very useful if you know that the book you want is at BookBrowse, but you just can't find it. However, to be honest, it can be frustrating if you're looking for books in general as we only feature a small fraction of the millions of books in print.

If you like to discuss books and read other people's reviews, visit BookBrowse's Discussion Forums where you can read visitor reviews, and write your own.

BookBrowse.com also has many Author Interviews and an entire section dedicated to Reading Guides and Information for Reading Groups, including many reference books for readers, 100+ reading guides and advice on how to start and run a reading group.

What a great site! If you search for a book you get so much information and you can actually read a little of the book too! I am going to get SO many new books to buy from reading this site!!!! :D

Hope you enjoy it :)

Cool, glad you like!

I'm glad this got bumped because I lost my bookmarks when my computer died on me recently. I forgot all about this and now I have it again :)

igbomb said:
Kinda sucks that they just went to a pay-site and that the newsletter is only for members.:mad:

Jeez, when did that happen?! I only used this site (freely) a few days ago, and now you need to join to "browse" the books :eek:

steffee said:
Jeez, when did that happen?! I only used this site (freely) a few days ago, and now you need to join to "browse" the books :eek:

I think you can still browse around, but the newsletter that listed all new releases and recommendations is no longer free. This was just instituted yesterday.

Yeah, I've just spotted the 'for members' and 'free' sections.

You can still click on 'all titles' or 'all authors' as a 'free' user, just not the 'recent' stuff - fair enough.

They've been working towards a 'members' site for a while now. I just got an email this morning to say that it was ready. I've enjoyed Bookbrowse for a while now. I use it as a tool to add books to my ever expanding 'wishlist'. They usually give about 2 reviews but I think it depends on the book (and reviewer).

I especially enjoy how they split the info - hardback/paperbacks fiction/bios/genre etc.

I'm considering joining up. You can just pay quarterly (or something like that) instead of having to pay a year's subscription all at once.

Breaca said:
They've been working towards a 'members' site for a while now. I just got an email this morning to say that it was ready. I've enjoyed Bookbrowse for a while now. I use it as a tool to add books to my ever expanding 'wishlist'. They usually give about 2 reviews but I think it depends on the book (and reviewer).

I especially enjoy how they split the info - hardback/paperbacks fiction/bios/genre etc.

I'm considering joining up. You can just pay quarterly (or something like that) instead of having to pay a year's subscription all at once.

I signed up for the quarterly. I like the newsletters, and thought it was worth a three-month subscription to browse the new features.

The only issue I have, and I e-mailed the site about it, is that you can't add any books to your TBR list that they don't have in their database. And they don't have anything more than a few years old. The response I got to my e-mail is that right now allowing manual entries is cost prohibitive, but it is definitely something they would like to do in the future.

Loss of Bookmarks

Wabbit said:
Cool, glad you like!

I'm glad this got bumped because I lost my bookmarks when my computer died on me recently. I forgot all about this and now I have it again :)

Your mishap with lost bookmarks caught my eye.

I was using chipmark.com but experienced problems connecting to their server so I switched to netvouz.com.

http://www.netvouz.com allows you to create an accound for yourself, bring it up from any computer, view all your links, public and private, and quickly share your public links with others.

And, you may easily and quickly export your links to a file as backup, or import links from a file.

Back