• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Words can't describe - video link

Motokid said:
Wanna go for a ride?

Words can't describe this any better....not sure if it'll work over a slower phone connection....but it's amazing what some people do for a living....

Oh yeah! That will get ya going. Watching that makes me want to go for a ride.

Hell of a High-side; I hope he didn't get hurt too bad.

Perhaps you'd enjoy this one too.

360 days a year these roads are public roads. For about a week they close the entire island and create a 37 mile per lap race track. Every year there are fatalities....this place is the balls-to-the-wall, peak, ultimate contest of man verses machine. You will never see racing like this anywhere else.

Once again a phone line conection won't do this video justice.....

Pretty cool, Motokid. I would be interested to know just how fast those riders were going.

Years ago my Mum & Dads best friends were a married couple who used to sidecar race, they did the TT a few times, and lived to tell the tale!

Robert said:
I would be interested to know just how fast those riders were going.

"John McGuinness 1000 Yamaha R1 2004 17m43.8s 127.68mph"

That 127.68mph is an average speed for the entire 37+ mile lap.

These bikes are more than your typical production bikes which off the showroom floor are capable of 175+ MPH. I'm sure the top speed pushes 200mph....on public roads with walls, guardrails, telephone poles, houses, curbs, trees, mailboxes, fences, rocks......and spectators...

Motokid said:
"John McGuinness 1000 Yamaha R1 2004 17m43.8s 127.68mph"

That 127.68mph is an average speed for the entire 37+ mile lap.

These bikes are more than your typical production bikes which off the showroom floor are capable of 175+ MPH. I'm sure the top speed pushes 200mph....on public roads with walls, guardrails, telephone poles, houses, curbs, trees, mailboxes, fences, rocks......and spectators...

That's one hell of a ride.

Not quite a motorbike video but you guys might like it anyway:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AoeM1tMY_2A

From the Top Gear Winter Olympics special; fun with ski jumps. First they stick ski's on a mini, fit rockets to the back and fire it off the jump, then they get their test driver 'Stig' to ride a ski mobile of the same thing...The BBC, once again fulfilling it's mandate to educate and inform...

Back