• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

World's oldest Bible to be available online

I don't think it will any difference to most people who call themselves Christians. They don't follow the teachings of Jesus in any version of the new testament as it is.

No surprise there. Even Paul, who wrote more New Testament books than anyone else, said: "I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing. ... What a wretched man I am!"

A follower of Jesus, like Paul, recognizes that he or she doesn't follow the teachings of Jesus - at least very much. But like Paul, a follower of Jesus believes that we can nonetheless be rescued from this body of death. Even the Codex Sinaiticus says that.

No surprise there. Even Paul, who wrote more New Testament books than anyone else, said: "I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing. ... What a wretched man I am!"

A follower of Jesus, like Paul, recognizes that he or she doesn't follow the teachings of Jesus - at least very much. But like Paul, a follower of Jesus believes that we can nonetheless be rescued from this body of death. Even the Codex Sinaiticus says that.

Ah, yes. Just the sort of thinking I had in mind. Very illustrative.

It seems that the last 8 or 9 versions of mark were a later addition or fionioshing off of the gospel.

however it contains no information which is additional to the information containemd at the end of the foer 4 gospels.

Its also juts missing in this one document, and present in odler documents

I read the link you posted as well as several links at the bottom of the page. Correct me if I'm wrong but are none of the scrolls from books in the New Testament?

Edit: Pont, I'm not too terribly concerned about whether or not Psalms match up (although it would be interesting to see how it compares to the Dead Sea Scrolls); I am curious about 400 A.D. Gospel of Mark vs. contemporary Gospel of Mark.

Back