• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

worst break-up

jenn

in keeping with honeydevil's dating thread, what is the worst way you have ever broken up with someone or been broken up with?

I called and broke up with my boy friends voice mail at work, moved all of his stuff into the front yard (ran over some of it with my car) and changed our locks. He was being bad, disappearing with friends, partying too much and I was tired of it. We made up 6 mons later and are married now, it's been almost 9 yrs.

Not my story, but a good one. A guy I know came home to his live-in girlfriend and she'd cut up all his clothes--suits, ties, everything--with scissors.

i've done some interesting, creative breaking up before, but the worst way to be broken up with is just to be ignored. all contact stops. it's infuriating.

Maybe he had good reason - did he ever tell you why he ignored you? Did you give him a good reason for him to ignore you?

Just curious.

Cheers

Martin said:
Maybe he had good reason - did he ever tell you why he ignored you? Did you give him a good reason for him to ignore you?

Just curious.

Cheers

typical man, always blame it on the girl. oh and when you on it tell us your story too. :D

worst brake up: went shopping with my girlfriends, he wrote sms and moved all my stuff in my parents house.

well i assumed it was because he was insanely jealous and could not tolerate me talking to other men. he was terribly anal and was always giving me grief about the way i spoke.

novella, do you know what he did to get his wardrobe "refitted"?

honeydevil said:
typical man, always blame it on the girl. oh and when you on it tell us your story too. :D

worst brake up: went shopping with my girlfriends, he wrote sms and moved all my stuff in my parents house.

thank you honey, we gals gotta stick together. what is sms?

Honeydevil - I'm not blaming it on anyone, just asking.

Jenn - he sounds like an ass. Did you ever try to contact him, afterwards, or did he attempt to get in touch with you again?

My worst:

I once broke up with a girl after having been in a relationship for two years, and she despised me for it. Enough to go spreading some pretty nasty lies about me. I really got to know my real friends, in that period. There were very, very few.

Cheers

ps: sms is a textmessage

jenngorham said:
thank you honey, we gals gotta stick together. what is sms?

sorry that what we call textmessages on the cellphone. I just wrote my german mail and mixed everything.

Martin said:
Honeydevil - I'm not blaming it on anyone, just asking.

Jenn - he sounds like an ass. Did you ever try to contact him, afterwards, or did he attempt to get in touch with you again?

My worst:

I once broke up with a girl after having been in a relationship for two years, and she despised me for it. Enough to go spreading some pretty nasty lies about me. I really got to know my real friends, in that period. There were very, very few.

Cheers

ps: sms is a textmessage

i did only to say goodbye and that i was sorry for the way things had gone. he seemed interested again when i implied i missed other aspects of his "personality" so it really demonstrated to me the depth of his character. sad, i loved him.

jenngorham said:
honey, you got broken up with by text message?!. technology sucks sometimes.

yeah it was great :rolleyes: , the thing that sucked was that he moved me back to my parents and they were like all over me, why didn't you tell us... he told them some kinda crap, don't ask me what, i can't figure it out.

jenngorham said:
that is low. low low low. never get the parents involved. they almost always side with the ex.

you're right, i had the hardest time... they loved him soo much, i think they even loved him more than i did.

he was ingoring me, cut me right off. so i contacted him one last time to get some closure, if only for myself, and only when i hinted at other things i would miss, did he then resume contact. briefly i might add.
in truth he was never forthcoming with his affection.

"if equal affection cannot be then let the more loving one be me"

Back