• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Would love to find this book again!

Meminger

I am looking for a book I read years ago and the author may have been Peter De Vries or P.G. Wodehouse or not.
In it, the main character, a young man, is injured and his leg is in a cast in the hospital. Someone drips ice cream on the cast and subsequently, a long stream of ants is going through the cast. The man is in traction and he can do nothing about it but watch the parade and squirm.
Also in the same story, I believe, he is going to his boss's funeral (he doesn't like the man.) He is forced to be up near the head of the car procession and decides to slip away on the way to the cemetery. Unfortunately, the rest of the cars follow him. He speeds up and this funeral procession is racing along, til our hero turns them all into a dead end street.
Familiar? Certainly unforgettable events, but I lost the author's name and the book name. Anyone?

Thanks a bunch, eclair! I will check out my library. I think it is really an older book but they may still have it.

Well, the local libraries do not have it anymore. Small wonder--it was quite old when I got it the first time. Guess I will use the old standby, Amazon, and get it used. :flowers:

I really like Amazon Marketplace for difficult to find older books, but you might double check Book Depository. Recently we had an experience where the intended book was available, but quite expensive on A.M. We found the same version on B.D. at a very reasonable rate.

Good Luck!

Well, the local libraries do not have it anymore. Small wonder--it was quite old when I got it the first time. Guess I will use the old standby, Amazon, and get it used. :flowers:

I use interlibrary loan to get material from all over my state. My library does not charge for this service, but some libraries do. You might ask if this service is available. I have link that provides access to the system at home...Best thing since Guttenburg's press!

Back