• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Writer's blog

Dierdre

Posted this under the Writers' Showcase, but it is probably of as much interest to readers as writers.

Just came across this blog about writing a book.
http://www.lookingfordarwin.com

Although the subject matter did not immediately interest me, the author writes well and I found myself fascinated by his outline and synopsis. May be worth following.

I took a look, and frankly, I think its beyond boring. Thanks for posting it twice though. Very helpful. :rolleyes:

On the one hand, we have a book that says we were created by some supernatural being; on the other, we have a book written by Charles Darwin that says we are but a branch on an evolutionary tree of life that was inevitable and self-sustaining once the right conditions were met here on Earth. Looking for Darwin is an account of my journey, both physical and metaphysical, to determine whether Darwin’s view holds the most water.

You can only determine scientific value through the scientific method. Every major science department has determined that it "holds water" What else is there really to discuss? Given the "metaphysical" tool thrown in there, I'd wager that this guy says it doesn't. Any takers? :D

The 'background' didn't hold water either and I think I spotted a teeny spelling mistake along the way................

I don't know what his take is on evolution, but I rather suspected from his introduction that he was likely to be pro-Darwin. Personally it was the writing that attracted me to this. I care less about the subject than I do about the intrigue of watching a book evolve through a blog. YMMV.

Back