• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Xenocide by Orson Scott Card

I liked Speaker for the Dead but liked Ender's Game more. Each one in the series gets progressively worse. That's my opinion anyway.

If I'd known then what I know now I would have read Ender's Game and stopped. And that goes double for Ender's Shadow. Pile o' shite.

Agreed although I think overall the sequels to Ender's Shadow were better. That being said, I still haven't read Shadow of the Giant.

Oh, and I see there is another Ender book out: A War of Gifts. Anyone read this yet?

I liked Xenocide more than speaker, but less than Enders Game. The others are probably worse than any of the three in my mind.

If I'd known then what I know now I would have read Ender's Game and stopped. And that goes double for Ender's Shadow. Pile o' shite.
That's exactly what I did. I read Ender's Game, tried to read Speaker for the Dead and couldn't get through it. My friend told me what Xenocide was about it and it sounded interesting but once again I couldn't get past it. Then she went on to read Ender's Shadow and by then I was just turned off. I've been thinking about trying to read the books past Ender's Game but after seeing all this I think I'll pass lol.

Back