• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Yes, I'm a Newbie

hugh009

Yes, I am new to the forum even though I have already posted twice. I am a TV producer and an emergency preparedness consultant for both man made and natural disasters. I live in North Carolina in the western Smoky Mountains where I like to hike, jog, camp, cook, write and READ!:cool:

Hello Hugh009. Let me be the first to welcome you. :) :) :)
I'm a newbie too. But I like it here. What kinds of things do you like to cook?

Sad State ofAffairs

Yes, I agree! It is a sad state of affairs we have today when a reality show is more important than a good book! Leaves NO room for the imagination! :confused:

Hi Hugh and a big Welcome :) The emergency man-made and natural disaster consultant, sounds a very interesting job.

Yes, this year with hurricanes...

we dodged a bullet, thank goodness! But there are more than hurricanes that we need to prepare for. My biggest concern now is what most people think is a innocent old national monument - old Faithful, the geyser in the USA. Actually it is the world's largest dormant volcano and it is BEYOND time to erupt. This volcano's eruption could create the dreaded nuclear winter. Recently a US TV special said that this eruption would put six FEET of ash in Kansas City! Here in the Smokies of western North Carolina we would have 6 inches to a foot. Not good!

Hope you download my fr** ebook at the url on the signature. Stay tuned to my oddessy with living in a tent for the next several months to show US legislators and FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) that we are NOT utilizing our state and national parks to relocate disaster victims. This venture will be covered by video blog.:)

Welcome to B&R!. Emergency management sounds really awesome.
th_Burning.gif
You must share with us any FEMA stories that you have.

FEMA

Fortunately I don't have to deal with FEMA

We are the ones on the front line who help to get the citizens ready in ADVANCE so that they don't have to suffer the heart aches that so many people do. One of my partners is a former US Navy SEAL and he KNOWS preparedness!

Here are some suggestions:

1. Do you have SEVERAL emergency routes that you can use to get out of your area before an emergency? Have you dry run them?

2. Do all your family members have some form of ID on them that has their vital info in guess they get misplaced? Blood type, allergies, meds, etc.?

3. Do you have emergency supplies in the family car like a family tent?

If you go to http://www.usprepared.com you can find my Emergency Preparedness Guide that has been updated from my previous print book. It's fr**!:)

Back