• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You can't handle the Jack!....Nicholson that is ;)

SFG75

He's back, and Rolling Stone has a killer interview about it.

He is a man who finds the world vaguely ridiculous. He's Puck, a mischief-maker with a reputation for telling it like it is. The perennial odd man out, he was the most famous movie rebel of his generation and generations since have continued to embrace him. He thumbed his nose at the Establishment by sticking around long enough to be accepted on all levels.

And, at 63, Jack Nicholson is returning to movies for the first time in three years since winning the third of his Oscars for the romantic comedy "As Good As It Gets."

"I only work when I find something worthwhile to do," he says succinctly.

What he's found is "The Pledge," a dark drama about obsession directed by his friend Sean Penn and with an amazing cast that includes Vanessa Redgrave, Harry Dean Stanton, Helen Mirren, Sam Shepard, Mickey Rourke, Robin Wright Penn and Benicio Del Toro. He plays Jerry Black, a Nevada police detective who is nearing retirement but promises the mother of an 8-year-old murder victim that he will find the killer.

Sorry about that.:eek: Just received the latest copy of Rolling Stone and he's smack-dab on the cover. While I'm a big fan, the wife isn't. She casually mentioned to me: "Guess whose on the cover?..." :D :D

I have yet to see a movie where Jack delivers a poor performance. Of course I haven't seen all of his movies, but he's probably the only actor (in my opinion) who consistently gives high-quality performances.

Back