• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Young Adult books...

jennifer1975

Just how young should one be to enjoy this series?

Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1) by Stephenie Meyer

It looked interesting, but then I saw the YA on it, and well...I'm not exactly a young adult. Can I still enjoy it?

How old/young are you?

If you're 30-ish I don't see why you couldn't read it and enjoy it. Just don't look for any deep meaning.

At nearly 35 I would have no problems sitting down with Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing or Watership Down.

I love reading Juvenile Fictions. I currently have Midnight Magic by Avi in my room, and read few chapters a day - books by Avi, written for juveniles are quick read, very clean, enjoyable.

Recently, I read a book called Book Thief (YA), that was really wonderful - picked as one of the best books or some sort like that by Amazon.com for year 2006. I bought another copy for my niece for her x-mas gift.

And almost everyone would enjoy books like Tom Sawyer and Treasure Island at any age. After reading lots of reviews at Amazon.com, I find that there are plenty of adults that read Juv and YA novels.

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only adult who reads teen fiction! I'm 27 and love the Georgia Nicholson series as well as (*cringe*) the Princess Diaries series. If you want to read it, why not? If people ask me why I'm reading those books I just say it's a bit of light reading in between my "real" reads. But really, they're fun!

I just noticed a few days ago Fell a follow up to The Sight by David Clement-Davies is about to come out. 32 and can't wait.

I recently read The Chronicles of Narnia (I hadn't read them since 4th grade), Superfudge and Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret. These books were great when I was a kid and I enjoyed them just as much the second (or is it third?) time. I'm 33 and you should've seen the looks I got!

I have also read all of the Harry Potter series and enjoyed them tremendously. Read what interests you and don't worry about it. However, as sparkchaser said, don't expect a deep meaning from them.

I have heard good things about that book (m)

Actually the whole series. I say read what interests you. There are several books that are considered "young adult" that I have either read or plan to read. Harry Potter is considered YA and I have read and loved all of them. I also hope to read the Traveling Pants books. I have also heard great things about a book called The Book Thief, which I plan to read and that is YA.

Enjoy!

Kristin

I love reading Juvenile Fictions. I currently have Midnight Magic by Avi in my room, and read few chapters a day - books by Avi, written for juveniles are quick read, very clean, enjoyable.

I really like Avi as well. Have you read The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi?

I absolutely love Twilight and the other books. I'm 25 and I just read it for the first time a couple of months ago. There isn't a lot of deep life-changing meaning there, but it's definitely a great read. The characters are so great. I think it's only been categorized as YA because there isn't much language or mature themes. I don't know about you, but I'm ok with reading YA novels if it means they're a little cleaner than the mainstream 'adult' novel.

I really like Avi as well. Have you read The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi?

I really liked this book when I read it as a kid, and I really like it now at 22.

As for young adult books, I really enjoy reading them. I've been trying to read Meyer's trilogy, but they've been taken out from the library with 89407548 holds on every copy.

Not yet. He has over 60+ books published? I barely touched the tip of the iceberg. I've only read only 3 or 4 of his books, and my kid has read close to 20 of them. And the Charlotte Doyle story is a winner of the Newberry Medal. We'll get there. :)

Back