• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your 2008 Predictions...

-Carlos-

This thread is just for fun.

Look into your crystal ball and tell me what you see: 2008 predictions.

I feel (strongly) that there will be a war (2008-09) between the United States and Iran.

What do you predict for 2008?

I strongly predict that, in the November presidential election, the US electorate will vote for an atheist in a shock recognition that being religious doesn't actually mean that you know anything about politics (or in the case of the present White House incumbent, doesn't mean that you know anything about anything).

There will be an attack on the US before there election...

[shocked]: By whom? Who in our little Earth might bear any negative feelings about this great, peaceful, ecologically friendly, prosperous country ;) ? Light to all nations?! The crown of creation?! Shame on you, giddieon! Pfuiya!

I'm firmly convinced that Germany will win the Football European Championchip this summer. :cool:

I'd be perfectly happy to put money on that – and with no England in the finals this year, it gives me the perfect excuse to swan around in one of my German shirts. :)

[shocked]: By whom? Who in our little Earth might bear any negative feelings about this great, peaceful, ecologically friendly, prosperous country ;) ? Light to all nations?! The crown of creation?! Shame on you, giddieon! Pfuiya!

A friend of mine likes to say, "Just because you're paranoid does not mean 'they' aren't out to get you.";)

1. There will be a Presidential election. Bush will not win. But Bender will win the write-in vote.

2. For yet another year, furries will be mocked by the rest of society.

3. Pigs will continue to be flightless.

4. Pundits and wags will continue to "debate" whether global warming is a myth or not.

5. I will fall short of my reading goals.

I'm firmly convinced that Germany will win the Football European Championchip this summer. :cool:

England will claim the cup is a joke as they are not in it, and that they should win it because its their divine right. Capello to be criticised and the media speculating when he will be sacked as England are not winning every match 5-0.

The Dolphins will not win the Super Bowl.:p
There will not be peace in the Middle East.
Oil companies will continue to sabotage research on alternate fuels.
The media will show only what fits within their agenda.
Conspiracy theorist will continue to debate their theories.
I will not win the World Series of Poker.
I will be working for another company before April.

-The U.S. election will be between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama.

-Stephen King will have a break out year

-The U.S. will be in a recession

-I still won't read science fiction

The gasoline prices will go up. Heaven know to where.

There will be higher taxes on the gasolines to subsidize public transportation system.

There will be higher taxes on non-hybrids to subsidize public transportation system.

There will be more trains and buses.

There will be more public transit users.

Freeways will be less crowded. (Maybe not)

The gasoline prices will still go up higher!

Our wallets will be slimmer, because...,

The money went to boost up higher profits for oil companies.

Well, at least one of the above will be true.

Back