• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your age

I watch harry potter movie 1 at 17.....read the first book at 22 because one of my friend encourage me to read cause it's really cool...and now I'm 22

How old are you? When did you start your first HP book?

I was 14 when I read the Philosopher's Stone. I'm now 18.

Personally I don't think the HP series is strictly for children, meaning, YA or adults may even enjoy it more than children, because there are a lot of deep, heart-wrending scenes that I don't think an 8 year old would be able to appreciate.

No offense to young people.

I'm currently 22.

I was about 15 when I read my first HP book. It was the "Prisoner of Azkaban." My little sister was in about 3rd grade I think. The book cover caught my attention. I started reading it and the next thing I knew I couldn't put it down and I read the first 2 books in the next 2 or 3 days.

I completely agree with the 8-yr olds. not being able fully appreciate a lot of what harry potter is about. kudos on that point.

Back