• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

your favorite Restaurant

honeydevil

what is the name of your favorite restaurant, what food does it serve? why do you like it? How is the decoration? What do you normally eat there...

I'm such a foody. I love tons of them. These days I'd have to go with The Blue Heron. It is located in Sunderland MA, diagonaly across from the house I rented before buying this one. It is in a building they bought about two years ago from the town for the sum of $1. The building was historic and had been used as an elementary school and then as a town hall. The building was falling apart and costing the town money. The Blue Heron had been without a home for a few years, so they bought it and spent easily $1.5mil fixing it up. The decor is classy and simple using mostly reds, golds, oranges and browns. They even saved the tin ceiling that had come with the building.

The food is outstanding. I went during the fall and had an amazing meal Mahi Mahi over a white bean risoto. My boyfriend had venison in a balsamic reduction. Beans and venison are two foods I HATE that they made delicious. Dessert was a pomegranate custard that my friends and I have been trying to duplicate for months. They also have an amazing tea selection and a nice wine list. The only downfall is the cost. For four of us it cost $250 and that was only one bottle of wine (we usually drink two).

a Mexican place called Bincho's. it's on the strip in a town called White Rock, which is the next town over from where i live. the strip is a road loaded with small, eclectic shops and cafe's running along the beach, and so Bincho's looks out over the ocean.

it's decor is very authentic looking Mexican- clay tiles and arched doorways. woven chairs, etc.

the food is excellent, i love mexican. they have this dish that is a chicken breast wrapped in corn bread then baked in a banana leaf. it's fantastic. whenever i'm there i feel like i'm back in cancun

Jenem said:
the food is excellent, i love mexican. they have this dish that is a chicken breast wrapped in corn bread then baked in a banana leaf. it's fantastic. whenever i'm there i feel like i'm back in cancun

that sounds good... do you have many greek restaurants in Canada?

oh and what makes this place special? why is it soo different from other places?

honeydevil said:
sounds awsome... is it popular or is it more like an insider tip?

It's fairly popular. The resturant was quite well reviewed in their old location and people were excited to see them reopen. The place is costly and is in the center of Sunderland, so the town's tremendous student population doesn't really go there (they rarely go north of their little appartment complexes). It's really more geared toward local residents.

honeydevil said:
that sounds good... do you have many greek restaurants in Canada?

oh and what makes this place special? why is it soo different from other places?

yes, Vancouver actually has a large variety of ethnic restaurants. there's a great little greek dive in my town called Alpha's. souvlaki to die for!

the thing that makes Bincho's special is the location. there are some great mexican restaurants around here, but the view of the beach makes me feel like i'm back in Mexico, sitting in a cafe right on the boardwalk in Playa Del Carmen *sigh*

There's too many restaurants in Glasgow. Indian and Chinese food are very popular. There's also Russian, Turkish, Thai, Japanese, Bulgarian, and many more nationalities. I quite liked a restaurant called Koshkemeer - it's Kurdish and has no license to sell booze so you get a nice, cheap meal and you can buy wine from the booze shop across the road for much cheapness too and therefore avoid overpriced restaurant wine.

There is a restaurant here called 'Bay Leaf'. Contrary to its name, its as un-Indian as a restaurant can be.

We (as in me and my significant other) love to go there because of the ambience. Its a very quiet place. The lights are dim, soft music playing in the background, candles on the table, with a single red rose in a vase -- lovely!

The main reason we go there is the ambience. The food is good too. But, you should check out the variety of drinks they offer! Wow!

And over the weekends, a guitarist called Bryan plays some lovely English songs! The best weekend evening one can have. :)

The Teppanyaki Inn in Melbourne on Collins Street

FANTASTIC food! I am a veggie generally and I actually eat their beef! Yum! It;s about $100AU per person but well worth it!

I love Japanese food!

I love a couple of stalls here (well, they are not restaurants, but in a vendor's food court which houses a lot of stalls, each selling different types of food) that serve the very best nasi lemak and another stall which sells the very best chicken rice.

I also love this place that makes the best soft-shelled crabs and fried calamari. Their pigs' trotters are pretty good too...

ds

does anybody go to a special restaurant because of a special event? like proposel for marriage, first date, first kiss...?

yeah, i know Doener and Kebhap, but since i'm in Florida i have tried sooo hard to find it and i'm very unsuccessful... :( they don't even have a lot of Greek restaurants, they only have Italian... like Olive Garden... :(

in turkey it is just the paradise of food
everywhere you can find iskender, döner, kebap, meatball.... :D
it's cheap an delicious we have a idiom for it when you love a food:
"I even can eat my fingers" :D

also I recommend rice and beans (ever heard "kurufasulye pilav"??)

noname said:
in turkey it is just the paradise of food
everywhere you can find iskender, döner, kebap, meatball.... :D
it's cheap an delicious we have a idiom for it when you love a food:
"I even can eat my fingers" :D

also I recommend rice and beans (ever heard "kurufasulye pilav"??)

no, but since i hate beans, it would do me any good... :D

honeydevil said:
yeah, i know Doener and Kebhap, but since i'm in Florida i have tried sooo hard to find it and i'm very unsuccessful... :( they don't even have a lot of Greek restaurants, they only have Italian... like Olive Garden... :(

Generally we american's like "hot slice" (a single slice of cheese pizza) for our drunken 3AM snacks. It's often the only thing you can get outside of McDonalds at that hour.

Oh yea...Olive Garden is so gross. Don't eat there.

Back