• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your name in hieroglyphics

Look out, RFK, or Stewart will start complaining about the Martin, Martin & Martin Show.

Please don't start all that again :(

Let's all kiss and make up! :D

Seriously. Let's all put the past behind us. It's been a hectic past few days on the forum with members getting at each other. Let's just make a clean slate. It's a fresh new day.

Peace :)

Martin said:
Look out, RFK, or Stewart will start complaining about the Martin, Martin & Martin Show.

personally the martin squared show is the best show on the forum.......!! the world needs more martins.... :D

Miss Shelf said:
how do you post your cartouche (the pic, not the link)?

I probably did it the hard way, but since you asked. The cartouche is a series of gifs, one for each letter and one each for the top and bottom. I simply added one gif to each line using the insert image function.

yup. I think that is the hard way. I hit the print screen button and pasted the entire thing into paint. Then, I cut out the bit that I wanted. I saved that as a .gif file and uploaded it to my webspace. Then I inserted the image into this post. Here it is:

heiroglyph.gif

This is so cool!. Thanks Wabbit, the wife is going to use this on her forum as well. Wow-I have to download it on photobucket. :)

mehastings said:
yup. I think that is the hard way. I hit the print screen button and pasted the entire thing into paint. Then, I cut out the bit that I wanted. I saved that as a .gif file and uploaded it to my webspace. Then I inserted the image into this post. Here it is:

Probably doesn't mean anything, Mehastings, but I think it is interesting that your name begins with two birds.

I wonder what significance birds held with the ancient Egyptians?

leckert said:
Probably doesn't mean anything, Mehastings, but I think it is interesting that your name begins with two birds.

I wonder what significance birds held with the ancient Egyptians?

I don't really know what that means, and I'm not sure about the importance of birds in that society. I never really studied all that much about the Egyptians.

Back