• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your Very First Website...

Ah, the 286. I remember doing spreadsheets in HS on a 286. Monochrome screen. Nice.

I remember trying to open the BBC website on our university computers in 1994. All that happened was a little picture of the world in the corner of the screen rotated and I got to look at a blank screen. Then I got bored and wandered off. My first computer was an Acorn Atom, if that's of interest to anyone.

My first computer was a Commodore 64 though a friend of mine had a TI, but I can't remember the model.
My first online experience was playing Risk, but I don't remember the site. It was back in the days where you had to take the phone off of the hook and place it on the modem. I think I just revealed my age.:sad:

Well, I can't actually remember the first website that I opened, but I do remember the first website I created when I was bout 11. It was an Eiffel 65 tribute page . . . and it was completely awesome . . .

Yes, it was some html page I had opened using dos way back when.
It was some college site. It was wierd. Only thing I was using the Internet was for usenet and ftp'ing into a bbs when I got bumped off using direct connection thru a modem.

It was around 1993 and I believe it was Prodigy or it could have been Compuserve. Before that I was using gopher and accessing bulletin boards. We were hosting the internet equipment and modems for a company out of Virginia. They gave me free dial up internet access for monitoring their equipment and being a go between. I tell you those 14.4 K baud modem were sceamin!! :lol:

DanG

My first computer was a 486 by IBM, back in 1994.

My first trip to the Web must have been in '99, to the website of my favourite radio station: Bayern 3

Back