• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

ZOMG! I have a cornea!!!

z311y

Just kidding... That was to get your attention.

Hi, I'm Zelly, and I'm new to this forum. So, yeah, hi. :)

Rather terrifying. I'm on a whole modern classic kick right now.

I'm a bit disturbed by 1984 so far. My best friend has told me not to read it because he thinks I'm far to young. But, I think it's a good book. Just kind of scary.

Finish it and we'll discuss it.

Regarding being young, it might make a difference depending on your age, but I guess that's the case with all books! I suggest to read it after 5 years from now and believe me you'll learn something new, even if you're over 40 years old...;). I'm planning to do the same thing, maybe keep repeating it every 5 years :rolleyes: .

I really am quite young, though. :p

Sounds good though, I think I will understand it better in a few years. I'm still trying to become literate with modern history.

welcome%20mat.jpg

Glad to see Aqua put out the welcome mat to the place for ya. Welcome aboard!.

BTW-What is "ZOMG"? What does the "Z" mean? Ya stumped me there.

z311y says this about '1984':

"I'm a bit disturbed by 1984 so far. My best friend has told me not to read it because he thinks I'm far to young. But, I think it's a good book. Just kind of scary."

Whether you are twelve or a hundred and twelve, that book is SUPPOSED to scare you. It has a tendency to remind people what is possible when governments get a bit carried away...(lol)

First time I read it I was 14.
When you finish it, you could try Orwell's other book, 'Animal Farm'.
A quote from the book: 'All animals are equal. Some are just more equal than others...'

BTW, welcome!:)

I actually read Animal Farm first, but thanks for the suggestion. I liked Animal Farm, it made me think more than most books do.

As to 1984, I like it but it is scary. The thing that honestly creeped me out the most (don't laugh) was uh, yeah, never mind... :eek:

Aw, come on, tell us! If you say what creeped you out the most, I'll tell you what had me the most creeped, when you're done with the book.

I think '1984' is in a select group of books that do not FORECAST the future, as in science fiction, but are those rare titles that WARN us about a possible future if we don't 'change our ways'.

Some of the other books in this very special category include 'Fahrenheit 451' and 'Brave New World'.

Back