• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

2001 quadrilogy

I've only read 2001 and it was far better than the film. And apart from that, I've only seen the film of 2010 and that was a damn good film, so if it follows the same pattern the book should be excellent.

One day I'll get around to reading the rest of the series, so if you do read them I'd be interested to hear if the sequels are as good as the original.

Bobby- What do you think he's expecting?

2001 is a brilliant book, and after reading it the film is transformed into something even better. I saw the film first and thought it was absolutely dreadful. So I read the book and then rewatched the film and now it's fantastic. And then if you watch 2010 and go back and watch 2001 again it gets even better.

he's probably expecting four volumes of 2001: a space odyssey--which, you're right, was a great story. but then 2010 took that and transformed it into this lame version of star wars. the film was pretty bad too, as I remember. but again, you know, obviously this is my opinion, so it means nothing. I just didn't like the way the last three were written. 3010: the final odyssey was kinda ok, but that's only because I wanted to find out what happened to HAL and dave.

Was the 2010 book significantly different from the film then, because I don't remember any Star Wars similarities?

3001: The Final Odyssey was my favourite. I won't spoil it for you, but it's definitely worth the read. It's a fascinating story, although in my opinion it does leave a couple loose ends.

I remember stalling out a couple of times during the series, parts that I thought were long and tedious. But looking back on the whole series I thought it was an excellent read and I'd definitely recommend it.

Now if you want to talk about stalling out in long, tedious, boring sequences, Clarke's Rama series.......

I always wanted to read those books. I watched 2001 and 2010 and enjoyed both of them. So many books to read and so little life... :)

Back