• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

28 days later

the italians made a lot of really good horror films back in the '70s and '80s. cannibal holocaust (ruggero deodato) is probably the best one out there. it's banned in the u.s. because it shows a real woman impaled on a spear in the jungle and there's also a staged dismemberment of a giant turtle. you also get to see a monkey get the top of its head cut off by cannibals and then all its brains squeezed out.

in the prequel, jungle holocaust, the natives beat an alligator over the head with a rock and then skin it alive. after they pull all the flesh back, deodato has you staring at the alligator's beating heart caught on film. it's one of those classic moments in film history.

Ah yes ...

scanners.jpg

Lovely!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

I see that it's been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but I thought I'd do so anyway.

I for one really liked 28 Days Later. I loved how the Infected were different than the usuall zombie, and the fact that once someone comes in contact with the virus they have from 10 to 20 seconds before it takes over them. I'm not sure if that is a new idea or whatnot, but it was the first I've seen in a zombie fic.

And The Ring sure scared me. I wasn't very used to watching scary movies when I saw it so I kinda knew how I'd turn out for me.
*dizzy0110*

i liked 28 day a lot
sandra bullock look great in that one what?
not that one? which one then :confused: oh!! :eek: the one with the zombies :eek:
Great movie, it was all i was expecting resident evil to be (speaking of disapointing movies) i really like it, its in my horror films top ten

geez, i didn't even know this thread was here. i love the movie 28 days later. it was fast paced, creepy, unsettling and scary as hell.

mr_michel said:
i liked 28 day a lot
sandra bullock look great in that one what?
not that one? which one then :confused: oh!! :eek: the one with the zombies :eek:
Great movie, it was all i was expecting resident evil to be (speaking of disapointing movies) i really like it, its in my horror films top ten

The first res evil movie got a really poor reception from the critics but I really liked it a lot! I thought it was great. It had lots of energy to it. It was great in a B movie kinda way. :)

Not as good as 28 days later. That is one great movie! But, still, I enjoyed it :)

28 days later rocked!

And I have a weak spot for really bad horror flicks, so I love crappy movies such as Resident Evil, the remake of The Dawn Of The Dead, etc, etc, etc...

Cheers

You should try Shaun of the Dead then, if you haven't already. British spoof zombie film. Very funny.

SillyWabbit said:
Just watched this movie. I liked it :)

A lot of people said it was really crappy, but I liked it. I liked the desolate shots of London and country side.

Regards
SillyWabbit

I remember those scenes, especially.

I used to work a night shift and would finish work at 6am and walk across the centre of London, from Euston to Waterloo-ish, with just the litter and the occasional homeless person for company. It felt quite strange, but peaceful. Another striking thing about it was that when shop and office workers started to arrive for work, en masse from the underground, it gave the sensation that people were spewing up from the bowels of the earth.

ControlArmsNow said:
I remember those scenes, especially.

I used to work a night shift and would finish work at 6am and walk across the centre of London, from Euston to Waterloo-ish, with just the litter and the occasional homeless person for company. It felt quite strange, but peaceful. Another striking thing about it was that when shop and office workers started to arrive for work, en masse from the underground, it gave the sensation that people were spewing up from the bowels of the earth.

Interesting :) Like the image of people comming from the underground

The tube always seemed like hell to me anyway. It's a strange place. Hot, with dislocated voices that echo around you. A hot rushing wind that leads into darkness where unseen things rumble and groan.

Yeah, I have been up early too and the streets are totally empty of cars or people and you feel like you are the only one alive. It's nice to stand and listen to the silence and entertain the idea that you are the only one alive. Until, that is, a car zooms by and you are back in the real world lol

Back