• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

3 Favorite Movies

muggle

This may be impossible and surely it will be difficult but try to name your 3 favorite movies. I have actually seen too many movies to name my 3 favorites, however, 3 movies that I really enjoyed are:

1. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
2. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
3. Unforgiven

So, Stewart, what are your favourate movies, eh?? (just curious)

Got Fight Club at laaaaaaaaast. It can't play on the DVD player. :( :mad:

1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. Titanic
3. LOTR - The Two Towers (but I suppose I am a bit bias on this one like every other New Zealander :p )

Geenh said:
Best movies... I cannot say. It would depend on the genre.

That's the way I see it, too.

Some of my favorites:

Silverado
High Noon (1952)
LOTR (All three extended versions together)
The Phantom of the Opera
Dances with Wolves
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

Stewart said:
Last Year In Marienbad, The Fountainhead, Amelie, Hellraiser, The Five Obstructions.
The Fountainhead as in Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead? Wasn't that an age old film? Did you like it? I mean, was it close to the book?

ds

direstraits said:
The Fountainhead as in Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead? Wasn't that an age old film? Did you like it? I mean, was it close to the book?

Yes, it was based on the book which I have never read.
The film is old - it starred Gary Cooper.
I liked it, I certainly did. I was about fifteen when I saw it and can't remember much of it now other than the architecture but...

...when I think of my favourite movies The Fountainhead, despite my memory, is always one of the first to surface in my mind; along with Last Year in Marienbad (1961).

i can't say i have only 3 favourite movies, but in no particular order i really liked:

garden state
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
the star wars movies (the originals)

Back