• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

302???

Kookamoor

From the Forum page:
Most users ever online was 302, 13th December 2004 at 09:08 AM.

Why were there so many users online here on the 13th of December, 2004? Do the number of users go up around christmas time? The most I've ever noticed in my short time on here is 30 - and half of those were guests.

Kookamoor said:
From the Forum page:

Why were there so many users online here on the 13th of December, 2004? Do the number of users go up around christmas time? The most I've ever noticed in my short time on here is 30 - and half of those were guests.
--maybe since December is somewhat a holiday month,most of the people have nothing to do,so they spend more time online.

I got all my buds to log on, for the sole purpose of confusing some poor soul four months later.

Oh, how we laughed.

Cheers

Do you think it's possible to plan to break that record, or is that all just a matter of chance?

Suppose somebody picked a date like July 31st, which is a Sunday, and a time could we break the record of 302?????

December 13th was a Monday and it was 8:08am my time.

I too wonder what the attraction was at that particular time and day????

Kookamoor said:
not a Google Spider amongst them!!

There's more than just Google spiders. There's Yahoo!, Inkbot, Ask Jeeves, MSN, and many more. The actual spider IDs need to be put into the vBulletin Admin Menu in order to be recognised as something other than guest. It's likely that Darren has never edited the robots list in the Admin Menu to identify and display the relevant spider.

Back