• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

4th annual b&r secret santa

When should our launch date be for presents?

• Week of October 19th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of October 26th

• Week of November 2nd

• Week of November 9th

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Week of November 16th

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Week of November 23rd

• Week of November 30th

• Week of December 7th

• Week of December 14th

• Week of December 21st(ha!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SFG75

If you are curious, you may peruse these threads to see how it has been run in the past. Link, link, and link

How does it work?-You PM me your snail mail. You then receive an e-mail from me as to who you are a secret santa for. You get that person a book and send it to them. you may enclose a card or something else if you so desire.

When will this start?
-As soon as I get names and addresses. We can set a "launch date" but others may mail sooner or later if they so desire. Hey, people are busy right? If you send later, just contact me and I'll let your secret santa know that the goods are on the way. Ditto if you mail sooner.

What is the point?
-You get to post pad quite a bit. :lol: It's fun to get to know others, and its fun to see what everyone got.

How will I know what the person likes?
PM me and I'll find out for you from the person. Also, click on their threads and see what they like.

So, who is in?

P.S.-If anyone is detail oriented and is super organized, I would appreciate any offered help. Please apply within by sending me a PM.

Oh yeah, don't forget to select a "target date" in the poll created above. That is our "go" time date to send items. Yes, it is the holiday season. You may select more than one option.

Looks like we are having a postal strike here in the UK, so I will have to sit this out, otherwise I'd love to take part, it sounds like a lovely idea.

Good luck with it!

O.K., NottheDoctor is in. I know folks are busy, but I'd like to get four to five more people if possible. Anyone else? Kind of hard to run a two person "secret" santa.:D

I'll do it!

Just to elaborate on "what to get the person"... would it be easier if each person gave you a list of 5 books or so and then their secret santa could pick one of the 5? I would just hate to send someone something that they already own.:)

I'll do it!

Just to elaborate on "what to get the person"... would it be easier if each person gave you a list of 5 books or so and then their secret santa could pick one of the 5? I would just hate to send someone something that they already own.:)

Not a problem dude. We'll have people post something like that when we get underway.

The "in" list
NottheDoctor
dude
SFG75

Sweet. Anyone else care to give it a shot? If so, just PM me your snail mail and we'l get the ball rolling soon.

The "in" list
NottheDoctor
dude
Sparkchaser
SFG75

Sorry guys, I should have said I would be posting later in the day. Begin sending the books out and have fun!!

PM me if you would like for me to contact your person as to what books they may or may not have.

I should probably have stated what I received. Ooops. :whistling:

The Terror by Dan Simmons

Continental Drift by Russell Banks

Thanks Secret Santa (dude)!

Oh dear, am I too late? I am in Australia so maybe no one will want me anyway... :sad:

We have some members in Australia and NZ. If someone else jumps in, that would be awesome and I'd be happy to help set that up.

Anyone?.....Bueller?......Bueller?.......Bueller?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back