• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

4th annual b&r secret santa

When should our launch date be for presents?

• Week of October 19th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of October 26th

• Week of November 2nd

• Week of November 9th

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Week of November 16th

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Week of November 23rd

• Week of November 30th

• Week of December 7th

• Week of December 14th

• Week of December 21st(ha!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mailed my gift out on Monday. With any luck, my person will be getting it by the end of the week.

Not-I have heard from your secret santa. Your present was mailed yesterday from the continental U.S. and will be in Colombia within the next 5 to 10 days. :flowers:

Aqua-The neighbor told me that a USPS package came in for me.:cool:

sparkchaser went above and beyond the call of duty. He sent a card which was absolutely hilarious.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b300_scottgregory_00_xmasplaying013.jpg

So I'm thinking, a religious card? O.K., that's cool. If you can't read it from my picture, it says: "He revealed eternal truth, bringing joy to millison. He astonished the world with his command over nature. He changed history forever." Then I opened it....

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b300_scottgregory_00_xmasplaying014.jpg

:lol: Yes, happy birthday Sir Isaac Newton indeed.

Spark got me Chuck Palahniuk's book Rant.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b300_scottgregory_00_xmasplaying015.jpg

Thanks a lot sparkchaser, I've wanted this book for a long time! I absolutely love Palahniuk and you sir, did your homework. Thanks again, you definitely went above and beyond the call of duty.:)

Sorry that the book is sideways in the picture, I got carried away with the crosswords and coffee for the new years party.

Rule #1: Check EVERYTHING when you receive it.:whistling:

So I get a PM that says: "look closer" and what do I see?

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b300_scottgregory_00_xmasplaying016.jpg

Signed by The Chuck!

Rule #2: Put your hand in the bottom of the package.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b300_scottgregory_00_xmasplaying017.jpg

A cigar too!!:D Now folks, let me tell you. El Rey Del Mundo is one marquee brand. You don't just waltz into Wal-Mart and pick something like that up. I don't have the time or resources to explain why, but this particular cigar is the REAL thing quality wise.

Sparky, I'm floored. Wow. Thank you man.:flowers:

Not-I have heard from your secret santa. Your present was mailed yesterday from the continental U.S. and will be in Colombia within the next 5 to 10 days. :flowers:

Got it today (10 minutes ago actually).

If you ever have to mail anything to Colombia and someone at the post office tells you it'll take 5 to 10 days, please ask them to stop lying to customers. Regular mail from the US to Colombia takes 3 to 6 weeks :D

Anyway, I got Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose (which I have thought about buying more than once and luckily never did!) and What Was She Thinking? by Zoë Heller. Thank you Santa :flowers:

Got it today (10 minutes ago actually).

If you ever have to mail anything to Colombia and someone at the post office tells you it'll take 5 to 10 days, please ask them to stop lying to customers. Regular mail from the US to Colombia takes 3 to 6 weeks :D

Anyway, I got Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose (which I have thought about buying more than once and luckily never did!) and What Was She Thinking? by Zoë Heller. Thank you Santa :flowers:

Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back