1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

a book in the bin?

Discussion in 'General Book Discussion' started by saliotthomas, Feb 9, 2008.

1. saliotthomas

saliotthomas New Member

I did only once because i felt it was it's proper place(among trash)
    It's call Super Canne by Ballard-the very light-heartde way he was treating child abuse was really twisted.
    There books with hard stuff in it,like Easton Ellis, Burroughs,and many other but it's usualy justified in the patern of the books.Even his the book isn't good.Super canne just felt dirty.
    HAve you ever done the same?I know it fell wrong doing it

2. mdragon159

mdragon159 kickbox

I try to know what the book is about before I buy it. I never done that. Well, one of my books are impossible to read (got wet a lot because of the window and the rain, water = mold) and am about to get the same book. Also, if it's a bad book, I'm not throwing it away. Still going to keep it. Who knows what you'll do with it. If you're going to throw it away, send it to 1111 Some st Thats Fake City, uhh, something-something-something

3. blurricus

blurricus New Member

Currently Reading:
    Trainspotting - Irvine Welsh
    In the case of book-being-unreadable-because-of-mold, yes.
    Not if it's a matter of opinion. I have plenty of books that I don't agree with, or would just be redunkulous to read, but I still keep them. I can't think of any reason to ever throw one away. Have a bonfire if you want to get rid of it.

4. saliotthomas

saliotthomas New Member

in this case ,toilet paper would have been fitting!

5. mdragon159

mdragon159 kickbox

I wonder how the marshmallows would taste if I burn some books on the bonfire first? :confused: Maybe if I put my favorite fantasy books on the fire, the marshmallows will taste like the great book! :D (or maybe I'll get a nightmare about the book:D)

6. Wells83

Wells83 New Member

Currently Reading:
    Plague of Doves, Louise Erdrich
    Same here--I've thrown away books due to mold. My basement flooded and I had quite a few books suffer the consequences.

I wouldn't throw away books otherwise. Even if I thought they were horrible. Depending on what the book was and why I didn't like it, I'd either keep it, sell it, or give it to someone who would enjoy it.

7. Fantasy Moon

Fantasy Moon kickbox

I've only done that with a few mass market paperbacks that were falling apart or damaged.

8. SFG75

SFG75 Well-Known Member

Currently Reading:
    The Road to Character; David Brooks
    Oh, many a time. That is where my Saul Bellow collection resides.

9. saliotthomas

saliotthomas New Member

good man ,he can keep company to mr Ballard(though in fairness i don't know this Bellow guy)

10. angerball

angerball Active Member

Currently Reading:
    The Famous Five series - Enid Blyton
    I've never thrown a book away, except when it was damaged. If it's something I don't like, then I stick it back on the shelf (if I intend to read it later) or give it to a friend.

11. Fennicy

Fennicy New Member

Currently Reading:
    Ricochet by Sandra Brown
    I've never thrown a book away. Either I rent them from the library to read first before I decide to buy them (unless it's by a favorite author) or I sell them to a local Half-Price book store when I don't want them.

12. Lady Reader

Lady Reader New Member

I've thrown a few books away, mainly because I hadn't gotten around to taking books to the used bookstore. Now that I know where one is, if I buy books and don't like them, I'll just take them up there.

13. Landslide

Landslide Well-Known Member

Currently Reading:
    Yeah, for sure
    saliotthomas, I'm disappointed with you... At least you could have put it in the recycling bin... ;)

14. VeryProudOfYa

VeryProudOfYa New Member

Book Bins are a great way to find some hidden gems, I always browse through.