• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

a book in the bin?

saliotthomas

I did only once because i felt it was it's proper place(among trash)
It's call Super Canne by Ballard-the very light-heartde way he was treating child abuse was really twisted.
There books with hard stuff in it,like Easton Ellis, Burroughs,and many other but it's usualy justified in the patern of the books.Even his the book isn't good.Super canne just felt dirty.
HAve you ever done the same?I know it fell wrong doing it

I try to know what the book is about before I buy it. I never done that. Well, one of my books are impossible to read (got wet a lot because of the window and the rain, water = mold) and am about to get the same book. Also, if it's a bad book, I'm not throwing it away. Still going to keep it. Who knows what you'll do with it. If you're going to throw it away, send it to 1111 Some st Thats Fake City, uhh, something-something-something

In the case of book-being-unreadable-because-of-mold, yes.
Not if it's a matter of opinion. I have plenty of books that I don't agree with, or would just be redunkulous to read, but I still keep them. I can't think of any reason to ever throw one away. Have a bonfire if you want to get rid of it.

Have a bonfire if you want to get rid of it.

I wonder how the marshmallows would taste if I burn some books on the bonfire first? :confused: Maybe if I put my favorite fantasy books on the fire, the marshmallows will taste like the great book! :D (or maybe I'll get a nightmare about the book:D)

In the case of book-being-unreadable-because-of-mold, yes.
Not if it's a matter of opinion. I have plenty of books that I don't agree with, or would just be redunkulous to read, but I still keep them. I can't think of any reason to ever throw one away. Have a bonfire if you want to get rid of it.

Same here--I've thrown away books due to mold. My basement flooded and I had quite a few books suffer the consequences.

I wouldn't throw away books otherwise. Even if I thought they were horrible. Depending on what the book was and why I didn't like it, I'd either keep it, sell it, or give it to someone who would enjoy it.

I've never thrown a book away, except when it was damaged. If it's something I don't like, then I stick it back on the shelf (if I intend to read it later) or give it to a friend.

I've never thrown a book away. Either I rent them from the library to read first before I decide to buy them (unless it's by a favorite author) or I sell them to a local Half-Price book store when I don't want them.

I've thrown a few books away, mainly because I hadn't gotten around to taking books to the used bookstore. Now that I know where one is, if I buy books and don't like them, I'll just take them up there.

Back