• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Book Long Forgotten

Infallible

Hello there everyone, for the last couple of months I have been independently searching for a friend’s most cherished childhood book. Sadly after countless hours of searching Google with various keywords and browsing through many bookstores inventories I have failed to find the correct book.
The Title and Author of the book are unknown to me, the only information I have at hand is a somewhat fragmented storyline some of which may or may not be incorrect. As you can tell it’s a tricky job, I think the only way I will be able to find this book is through someone who has knowledge of it and recognises the storyline from the account that I was given.
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, even if it’s just an idea. At the moment I’m stuck where I am, anyway I shall stop boring you with the details and get on to what I know about the book.

Title: Unknown
Author: Unknown
Basic Plot:
A boy is sat watching TV, his mum asks him to get something from the basement. The basement contains a washing machine and broom. The boy goes downstairs and is confronted by a orange monster, referred to as the wizgig’ (or something along those lines). The child in a panic asks the monster where his mother is. When he gets frightened and the monster gets large. When the child then gets annoyed and hits the monster with a brush it shrinks.
I’ve been told that the book was possibly written by an American author (which would explain the basement).

There isn’t a lot to go on here but any response with possible leads to finding the book would be greatly appreciated. Additionally if you know of another resource that I can use to try to track down the book given the information I have that would also be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks guys

Back