• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Great Book, Three Dollars, a Birthday Wish…And You!

Jiles

I know this might be frowned upon, but I hope you give it a chance. I'm not here to make a bad first impression, but I am willing to come off that way to support good literature--This is shameless promotion, because I believe the author and book deserve a wider audience.

Let’s make Christopher’s birthday, February 9th, a day to remember, a day of wishes coming true.

For $3.oo you can purchase a Kindle version of The Echoes Inside by Christopher Gaddis and make his birthday wish come true.

The goal is to get everyone to buy it on February 9th.The more people who buy the copy that day, the more the book will race up the Kindle charts. If it reaches high enough, Amazon will start to promote it for free, sending out emails to all of their clients. In one day, Christopher can go from an unknown person to a promoted author.

Please spread the word to everyone you know, and ask them to do likewise. For just $3.oo and a few minutes forwarding this email to friends and family, you can make a huge impact on Christopher’s life. An impact he will not forget, one that we will treasure forever.

What: The Echoes Inside by Christopher Gaddis, a mystery-fantasy-thriller
for ages 11 and up, that has received positive reviews
When: Thursday, February 9th
Where: Amazon.com
How: Go to Amazon.com, click the Kindle section, and search for the book
Why: To purchase a great book; To make a wish come true; Because
there aren’t many better ways to spend $3.00

P.S: You don’t need to own a Kindle to read The Echoes Inside. You can
download a free app from Amazon that will let you read the book on
multiple devices:

1. iPhone
2. Windows PC
3. Mac
4. BlackBerry
5. iPad
6. Android
7. Windows Phone 7

Why not? I mean, for $3 you get a great book, and you help an author get his name out to a wider audience. I know this probably just sounds like a spiel, but just because you have never heard of the book or the author doesn't mean it isn't good. Treat it like a trip to the book store where you browse around and choose a book at random. Most of the times you might get rubbish, but every once and a while you find a gem. For $3 you are taking a chance to find that gem. Not bad, in my opinion.

But if you don't want to, I understand that too. I mean, I would be skeptical if I was in your shoes. All I can do is get the word out, and get it out in places where people actually read---which is basically non-existent these days.

Either way, I hope to discuss other books with you in the future.

I think that this would be more appropriately placed in the shameless promotion thread.

$3 is a hell of a lot for a self-pub nowadays. Most of them give their work away for free. And even then it fails to hop up the Amazon charts.

Beer_Good, If you took it that my "only selling point" is that it costs money, then I guess I didn't do a good enough job of "selling" the book. Sure, it costs money, but in my opinion it is a great book. Worth every cent, and much more. Not to mention that it helps an author get noticed.

Will, sorry that the price seems steep. To me, it is more than reasonable. And, as I mentioned above, I think you will find that it is worth the money.

Beer_Good, If you took it that my "only selling point" is that it costs money, then I guess I didn't do a good enough job of "selling" the book.

Exactly. And if you can't even do that, why would I trust you sight unseen to have written a book worth $3? Most self-published self-promoters who waste our time at least try to explain what the book is about or post an excerpt, so we can see for ourselves why they self-publish. If you don't even do that, methinks you're hiding something.

Look, seriously, maybe your book really is good. Given that you haven't even told us if it's a non-fiction dissertion on the role of llamas in Toltec iconography, a memoir of your life as a chartered accountant, a hard-boiled detective tory, or a fantasy novel about a girl who raises dragons, there's really no way of telling and I very much doubt I'll ever find out. But I really wish more self-promoters would realise this very basic idea: WE DON'T LACK BOOKS. Really. It's not as if we're sitting here, desperately hoping for something, anything to read, pitifully holding up fistfuls of cash to give to the first passer-by who claims to have put more than 1,000 words together and deigns to inform us of their existence. There are, according to Google, 129,864,880 books in the world (and even that number is a few years old by now). Thanks to the Internet and digitization, we have access to... if not all, then at least a LOT of them. Many of them for free, or very cheaply. Many of them highly acclaimed. That's what you're competing against: every single book written since the dawn of literacy. Give me a reason to put aside all the books I'd been planning to read and pick you up. If you can't do that, please stop using this forum as free ad space: you're wasting both your own time and ours.

Are you happy now? You've upset beer good. It'll take us a month or two of tranquillisers and costly import lager to calm him down now, and return him to a more relaxed state.

Actually I'm mostly confused by myself here. What the hell is a "detective tory"? Please tell me there's a book where David Cameron uses his powers of retouching to fight crime in his spare time. I'd read that for three dollars.

I just wasted a couple of minutes searching title and author at Kindle store and couldn't find it. How about we make it my birthday and sell one of my books because it would make ME happy?

JohnB

If I am hopelessly out of the loop, please forgive (and advise), but Who is Christopher Gaddis?

A self-published author.

I will not advise you on whether or not to part with your hard earned $3 for Christopher Gaddis. Even if it is his birthday.

Actually I'm mostly confused by myself here. What the hell is a "detective tory"? Please tell me there's a book where David Cameron uses his powers of retouching to fight crime in his spare time. I'd read that for three dollars.

:rofl:

A real detective story:

a3.bp.blogspot.com__bEpHck_hxoM_TMzNtUbM8_I_AAAAAAAABNY_WwCccxIlR_s_s1600_homicide_cast_season_6.jpg

Back