• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A "Kids Book Party" at your Library?

Tlou

Instead of a formal Book Launch or Author Cocktail Party like the types many authors have when they launch their latest novel; how would you feel about a Kids Book Party that an author had at a local library?

I already had my formal Book Launch back in February for my youth fiction novel, "Horse on the Loose", but I've been thinking of having a book party at our city's main library downtown. I would invite any kids (and their parents) from the age group of that book to come. There would be ice cream sundaes and goodie bags and I would be there to sell and sign copies of the book.

Do you think this would be a good idea? If a local, relatively unknown author did something like this in your area, would you be interested in showing up with your kids?

Thanks for your input! I'm starting to get really excited about the idea :) I'm going to have to look into the costs and what not :)

As a parent, I can tell you that this kind of event would be something I would love to have my kids attend. Great idea!!

Back