• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Question

mehdirza

Is there any bisexual writer ever in the world literature? Because I'm looking forward to see myself as a writer in these years, and actually I finished my first novel and have started to write the second a couple of months ago. But I'm bisexual and I wonder if I'll be the first ever in the literature history as a bisexual one. I searched it web but I got nothing. Could you please help me about that?

I would have thought your ability to write a story well was more important than your sexuality.

Bisexual is an odd defininition, to me it means a gay person who hasn't yet got the confidence to come out of his or her closet.

Is there any bisexual writer ever in the world literature? Because I'm looking forward to see myself as a writer in these years, and actually I finished my first novel and have started to write the second a couple of months ago. But I'm bisexual and I wonder if I'll be the first ever in the literature history as a bisexual one. I searched it web but I got nothing. Could you please help me about that?

What would your native language be?

And, why does sexuality make any difference what-so-ever when it comes to writing?

And, I'd bet every dollar that America has is in debt for that there have been numerous bi, and gay writers who have been published over the ages.

But again, why does it matter?

Is there any bisexual writer ever in the world literature?

Loads. Paul and Jane Bowles. Françoise Sagan. John Cheever. Djuna Barnes. Anais Nin. André Gide. Virginia Woolf. Vikram Seth.Simone de Beauvoir. Michael Chabon. And these are just names that spring to mind.

It's nothing unique.

I thought bisexual just meant really, really horny.

Stewart's right: bisexuality is nothing special. Jack Kerouac was bisexual. He listed a few and I am sure a Google search would turn up a lot more.

Thanks

First, I wanna thanks for replies. My native language is Persian language, but over six months I have moved to New York City. Let me give you some examles about that what you frequently have writte as reply. I came from Middle East. Along the history, there've been nine strange nations and in spite of you'll regret me telling their names, I insist saying.
1. Sumerians
2. Assyrians
3. Armenias
4. Jezdians (the strangest one)
5. Urartians
6. Gilanians
and etc., the fact always confuse people is the strange pretendings that these nations' all members do. For example, Jezdians trust in Satan, Armenians are all bloody, Assyrians carry not one soul, but two maybe more. Sumerians have done unbelievable things, like biggest buildings ever. Urartians can't complete the revolution, Gilanians are very short and thin but a 155 cm Gilanian can kill me (I'm 183) and it goes on like that... And the biggest number of hemophrodits are in Middle East in my mind. And Middle Easterners are the most active people in the world, I mean the way they success very much. So I'm tryin' to mean the connection between success and strangeness. By saying this I wanted to mean we Middle Easterners have always got a desire to do best among all; and eventhough we can be hemophrodit and sometimes we can't satisfy ourselves. And the fella who said me what my native language is, can you express why you'd said that?

Can I just point out that saying Bisexual means either really really horney or confused or greedy or anything of the sort is like saying Gay means can't get a girlfriend...

Can I just point out that saying Bisexual means either really really horney or confused or greedy or anything of the sort is like saying Gay means can't get a girlfriend...

You sure can if you can admit my comment was a joke.:D

Gay is a man or woman who is interested in the same sex as (s)he belongs.
Homosexual is as same thing as gay.
Lesbian is a gay woman.
Bisexual is a man or woman who is interested in both the same sex and the other as (s)he belongs.
Straight is a person that none of the sets above include.

By the way, Transsexual is a person who feels (s)he should have got another sexuality.
In Naxchivan, the place I used to live once upon a time, there were a lot of transexual so where one look at, you see a transsexual

:confused: :confused: :confused: How do you guys get yourselves into this? I thank you all for a good laugh because you start off about authors then....this thread has been very informative:D
I am still trying to figure out what does sexual preference have to do with writing??:confused:

I am still trying to figure out what does sexual preference have to do with writing??:confused:

Hmm, interesting actually... sexual preference DOES make up a large part of a persons identity, whatever that preference is. Of course, "sexual preference must be more complicated than the straight/bi/gay divisions... so it certainly doesn't follow that gay people write about other gay people or even in a gay style, if such a thing were to exist.

Nevertheless, most people are willing to admit that a persons gender has an effect on their writing. Not in the way that women or men write better, but, at the very least, it's a little disconcerting to find that a writer you had assumed to be male/female turns out to be the other. So it does seem to matter by way of how a person interprets a text, if not how the writer writes.

Of course, even if a persons sexual preference does influence the way in which they write, as every part of that person would do, it doesn't necessarily follow that some sort of correlation can be drawn between all gay writers or all straight writers...

I don't know, what do other people think? Is sexual preference something you'd like to know about a writer when thinking about their work? Do you think it effects how that writer deals with themes such as love?

Nephredil, first of all Mehdirzas original question was if we know any gay, etc.. writers because he thinks he will be the first:rolleyes:
second of all he has gotten away from what he asked and is getting into the more sexual preferences and what each one means,
third of all I don't think anybody wrote anything offensive for you to tell them to stop joking. Anybody want to talk just about sexuality preferences should make a thread just about that and accept what people have to say ,when they say their opinion.

I understand what you say about the writing part and how it can influence the writer I guess , but personally if I found out one of the authors I love is gay or lesbian or whatever , it would not change my opinion about him or her, maybe it would make me think about certain things like the way they write about love etc...:)

Libra - Just trying to turn a stupid thread into an object for discussion!

As for the offended bit I wasn't offended but could clearly see how people would be... bisexuals in general have a hard time getting people to take them seriously, and they can get quite upset about it.

I am totally confused:confused: Re reading all the thread again I am more confused. I am trying to figure out what was Mehdirzas whole point or question, it's like he says or asks one thing and the whole discussion turns out to persians, sexuality and the teaching of Mehdirza:)
I think he is very smart but doesn't know how to comunicate it properly.
:)

People, better to have a middle way for all.
To Niphredil: You have still something to say me? I'm bi and it's okay for me.
To libra: You're a good aunt.

Back