• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

The movie...not sure if it was based on the book...was horrendous. Absolutely terrible.

Yes, it was based on the book but they changed certain plot elements.

I have finished watching it meanwhile and have to agree that it wasn't a particularly good adaptation in my view. Dominic Cooper as Henry and Rufus Sewell as evil Adam did a great job, and I also loved the actress who played Lincoln's wife (can't remember her name for the life of me right now!), but to me, the movie wasn't very well structured. It seemed like one scene slapped on another without much to connect it. Yeah, right, it was all about Old Abe fighting vampires, but somehow I missed the thread holding it all together. Too many vampires popping out from somewhere, snarling and baring their fangs, too little storyline.

Another case of a book that I liked so much more than its adaptation.

I always thought this was a strange idea for a book - is the story of Abe Lincoln not amazing enough on its own? Why make him a Vampire Hunter? A little too out there for me.

Read this several years ago, enjoyed it . But was not impressed with the movie.
Now if someonr would write a sequel that has him teaming up with Buffy,,.

Its an old thread, but could not resist adding that I love the idea - teaming up with Buffy!
I am hoping to write a non-fiction piece about a President from long ago. I have been reading up all kinds of material to find the right dramatic element - from Potus pages to the White House Presidents site. I might not have found what I was looking for, but all the history reading has been an eye-opener!

Back