• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Advert

Wabbit

*grumble moan grumble*

Now there is a horrible huge and very very very VERY annoying animated banner advert on the forum :( What can we do about this? Maybe we can all write to the new owners and complain? Maybe nobody else cares!? Whatever, nice to vent :D

Oh, while I am grumbling... Think the TV/movie sub forum is a mistake. This should be a book forum. I think it's shifting the focus away from books. If I wanted to read posts about movies I would go to a movie forum :(

You mean that stupid Michael Crichton one that pops up while you're typing? :mad: It's bad enough that it's in one spot but to have it show up while posting is just plain annoying!

Moderators? Any help with that?

It is extremely frustrating. I might resume my ID back at Fiction Addiction instead to get away from these obtrusive ads for books I'll never see.

The grand prize is a signed copy of Michael Crichton's book!! Oooh!!! *yawns* Sure, it would be cool to have, but that's kinda cheap for a grand prize.

I agree that it is a very, very annoying ad. And Wabbit, I think you're right about the movies section. I'd hate to see this book forum get turned into a preteen movie board.

Cathy C said:
. . . Moderators? Any help with that?
Alas, we moderators have no control over the ads. :(

I don't like it either. It's right in the middle of the Search pulldown menu!

ell

dele said:
The grand prize is a signed copy of Michael Crichton's book!!
But dele, we can also win these prizes!!:
A copy of State of Fear
A copy of State of Fear (Audio CD)
A State of Fear t-shirt
A copy of Michael Crichton’s previous novel, Prey
A copy of Prey (Audio CD)

SillyWabbit said:
Think the TV/movie sub forum is a mistake. This should be a book forum. I think it's shifting the focus away from books. If I wanted to read posts about movies I would go to a movie forum
And yet you have posted comments in the the TV/movie sub forum.

Occlith said:
But dele, we can also win these prizes!!:
A copy of State of Fear
A copy of State of Fear (Audio CD)
A State of Fear t-shirt
A copy of Michael Crichton’s previous novel, Prey
A copy of Prey (Audio CD)

do you mean there its an audio cd already!!!!! :eek:

the film and tv subforum its ok, dont try to kill it before i take over ;)

SillyWabbit said:
Oh, while I am grumbling... Think the TV/movie sub forum is a mistake. This should be a book forum. I think it's shifting the focus away from books. If I wanted to read posts about movies I would go to a movie forum
Hello, Wabbit! :)
The decision to have a TV/Film subforum came about because so many threads were popping up about movies that weren't always book related. Are you saying you want it back the way it was? i.e. Only discussions about films based on books?

ell

Ell said:
Are you saying you want it back the way it was? i.e. Only discussions about films based on books?

I hope not...I think it's good to diversify. At the end of the day, the sun sets and it's all a form of entertainment...

Occlith said:
And yet you have posted comments in the the TV/movie sub forum.

And your point being what? :) I didn't say that I did not like tv and movies. If I read something I want to comment of course I will post. My point was that an actual sub forum detracts from it being a book forum.

Are you suggesting just because I don't think there should be a movie sub forum that I should boycott any comments placed in it??? That would be kinda silly :) I am a silly wabbit, but not THAT silly :D

Can we get a joint action going?

If we all hate it and we all complain maybe something can be done about it.

Yes this ad is annoying!!!! :mad:
Yes I'll give it a try. => But I'm sure I won't win anything. :(
Yes just a signed copy is kind of cheap! :mad:
Yes I think there should only book-based-movies be discussed in the movie thread. :eek:

Cheers :D

Grrr I really hadn't noticed it at all until now, and now it's the only thing I look at. I detest you all. ALL OF YOU! Ehem.

I noticed it and found it to be annoying. My ignoring skills may be better than the rest of yours, though, as I still had yet to see anything besides the title & author's name. It would be nice if the add could be removed...I have been trying to scroll it out my way asap; this might be the reason for not knowing that it was even advertising a contest.

Don't bother with the contest. It's insulting your intelligence!
You have to vistit all the sites with an ad and look for clues in the ad => which means to collect 27 locations and codes. You can win a signed book, another book and some more crap. Nothing special!

Back