• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alastair Reynolds

Litany

Just finished reading Absolution Gap by Alastair Reynolds. If you've read his other books then you already know what to expect. The ending was a little, umm, not there. That's not to say it doesn't have a conclusion. It does. Of sorts. But it seems to happen somewhere between the end of the last chapter and the start of the epilogue. But even so, it was still quite satisfying. It left me wanting more, but I think that's normally a better thing than getting stuck with a series that never ends. There's still plenty of room for him to return to the same universe for different stories, as with Chasm Gap and his novella.

I have Redemption Ark and Absolution Gap So hopefully I like em. Shame about the ending tho. I hate when books end that way. I really liked the "Night Dawn" books but the ending SUCKED big time. 4000ish pages for THAT!

SillyWabbit said:
I have Redemption Ark and Absolution Gap So hopefully I like em. Shame about the ending tho. I hate when books end that way. I really liked the "Night Dawn" books but the ending SUCKED big time. 4000ish pages for THAT!
I went into a rage over Night's Dawn. I was quite scary to be around for a good couple of hours. But Absolution Gap isn't like that. It's a bit abrupt, but it isn't insulting to the reader. But I did feel a bit left out. Like there was a ton of stuff happening between the end of the story and the epilogue that would have been really interesting, but I was left out of the loop.

Back