• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Amazon - too cheap ?

Bosco

kickbox
i am currentlyu doing a shop on amazon, im gettin a cd, and new book direct from amazon.

but i'm also gettin some from other dealers through amazon, and was just trying to figure out, if its safe to trust any book that costs 0.01pence?????:eek:

there are some, for .57 pence, of othre oboks from the same dealer, and then there are ones for .01 cents

what ya think? are they trustworthy? or do they sock on the price somewhere else?

I've bought some books that have cost 1p, and they've been absolutely fine, Bosco. They make up their money by charging quite a lot for the postage (£2.75 per book the last time I looked).

ah ha, stil works out at a cheap ish price.

lets say i was using amazon. would you know the total cost of these sub dealers ahead of actualy paying , or does the exta hit ya after you agreeto buy?

Amazon's postage cost in the marketplace is a flatrate of £2.75 in the UK. It rises a little for Europe, and rises again for Worldwide postage. This is documented on Amazon.

Go for I use Amazon constantly and there are no surprises after you commit to buy. You'll have your total first. They're a great deal.

I learned a lesson this past Christmastime about buying from various vendors at amazon. Each one tacks on their own shipping and handling fee. You have to beware when buying from amazon used..or from the various shops under the amazon umbrella.

abecedarian said:
I learned a lesson this past Christmastime about buying from various vendors at amazon. Each one tacks on their own shipping and handling fee. You have to beware when buying from amazon used..or from the various shops under the amazon umbrella.

I've had trouble as well. I ordered books a few times that never showed up. I eventually (months later) got my money back each time, but it is frustrating when you are on a deadline. Now, I only order from the larger used dealers that I've already had success with.

ah, i dissovered that too, 7.50 for postage. it works out about the same as if i bout it new from amazon rather than one of the dealers!

tnstfr

Bosco said:
ah, i dissovered that too, 7.50 for postage. it works out about the same as if i bout it new from amazon rather than one of the dealers!

Yeah, the postage really mounts up when you buy from Marketplace, and your "bargains" aren't such good bargains after all, especially when you can get free postage from Amazon if you spend over £15.

StillILearn said:
Halo, when you are through with your Morrissey line may I have it?
LOL! You'll probably have a long wait, Still! :D

I almost did that once, but it turns out the shipping prices are deadly. I wouldn't reccomend it unless it is a REALLY GOOD price, because the shipping costs around four bucks itself.

Back