• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

American Horror Story

Um. The creator of Glee is also the creator of Nip/Tuck?
---
I like the teaser preview. Sexy. Thanks for sharing. I attempted to click a "like" button on here.

Just watched the pilot a few hours ago. I definitely got a late-era "Nip/Tuck" vibe with the overabundance of weird and kinky events. Right now I'm intrigued enough to watch the whole season. One minor complaint: hopefully the editor will tone down the use of quick cuts. Those were too distracting.

Is the daughter
dead? It's beginning to feel like she didn't actually survive the suicide attempt.

Seeing all the chit chat going on about this show I just bought the first ep off of iTunes and gave it a watch. I quite enjoyed it. Clever use of the uncanny, like the non-jumpy/non-overly dramatic sense of fear going on in it. Will hopefully watch the second ep soonish...

I'm really enjoying this show! I liked how the last one incorporated the
Elizabeth Short/Dahlia story.

Up to the episode Piggy, Piggy which had some pretty shocking moments in it - the episode opening being one of them... overall I'm definitely enjoying this show. A nice balance of the creepy, shocking and mystery elements wrapped up with solid production values.

Season 2 information. If you haven't seen all of Season 1, you'd do well to skip this article.

The finale was a ho-hum experience. Most of my disappointment, I think, is because the episode was different from what I had wanted it to be. I was expecting the
baby-as-Antichrist plotline
to get more screentime. It was mentioned somewhat in the ending, but very briefly. And was anyone else hoping
the house would burn down
?

Watched the episode Open House last night. Digging this show. Waiting is soooo hard, each episode comes out on iTunes on Tuesday... still bulk of season to go - which is good too!

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1 and it gave me enough frights to be fun. I love Jessica Lange though and just watching her makes the show worth tuning in for.

From what I understand, each season is to be a one off, stand alone story. Which means all new characters, locations, and story arcs. While I like the concept, I'm not confident that it can last for very many seasons.

I've heard this too, and I think it's a really neat idea. It's like a new show every season. But you're right, I'm not too sure if viewer's attention can be held with a show like this.

From what I understand, each season is to be a one off, stand alone story. Which means all new characters, locations, and story arcs. While I like the concept, I'm not confident that it can last for very many seasons.

But, but, but...wouldn't that make it a whole 'nother show in its own right?

Haha! Sorta? It will still be called "An American Horror Story", but it will be morre important than usual to specify which season it is.

Back