• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

And Now for Something Completely Different

Not collectively, no, but come on, look at some of them players. You got a team full of world beaters, a damn sight better player for player than the English team.

I agree, but there's this strange phenomenon that, when you put all these multi-millionairs into one team, there unable to do any-bloody-thing!

And they're shite at penalty shootouts!

Cheers, Martin :D

Martin said:
I agree, but there's this strange phenomenon that, when you put all these multi-millionairs into one team, there unable to do any-bloody-thing!

That's common in The States. Here we call it the New York Rangers syndrom.

RaVeN

Aha!! You NEVER EXPECT THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

Phil (arriving late at the party as usual)

PS: Python, c'est cool.

I expect them! :D

AND, where HAVE you been?

*passes you a beer with an umbrella in it*

Regards
Sillywabbit

Ell said:
Or the 'Glen Sather Syndrome'

Ell ;)

AHA! Finally some one around here that knows THE game (and knows it well from that snide remark). It's about time!!!

RaVeN
PS- Sorry about Bert. Hope the Canucks can go a ways without him.

RaVeN said:
See what happens when you hit old age. Please allow me to open my mouth in order to withdraw my foot. If you're gentle enough (and will humm a sea chanty in my ear) I ask that you re-insert it into any other of my unoccupied orifices of your choosing. (I promise to still respect you in the morning)

You do seem to have the humour routine down you know. *humms a sea chanty in your ear*

This Red Dwarf business... is it really that good? I've never watched it, but I've often wondered... And are they still airing episodes (BBC 1 or 2 perhaps?)

Red Dwarf is good, a kind of toned down Hitchhiker's and not as funny. But when you have a scouser, a hologram, an android and a creature evolved from cats, then you are sure to enjoy yourself.

I have seen them repeated on BBC2 a few times, but not nearly enough as they should be. Good news though, the movie is being made so keep an eye out for that.

Will do. And thanks for clearing that up... I'll keep a closer look on the BBC's airing schedule from now on.

RaVeN said:
PS- Sorry about Bert. Hope the Canucks can go a ways without him.
Well, he deserves the suspension - what was he thinking?! Though I feel sorry for him because he's a decent person. As for the Canucks, I think they're in trouble. Key players with injuries and a drought in scoring - bad combination.

Since Fort Wayne, Indiana has no NHL team, who do you cheer for? (Chicago? Minnesota? . . .)

Ell :)

Ell said:
Since Fort Wayne, Indiana has no NHL team, who do you cheer for? (Chicago? Minnesota? . . .)

Up until 5 or 6 years ago our Komet team was in the IHL which was comparable to the AHL. We had many hopefull NHLers pass through our town and many of them I was lucky enogh to meet.
To answer your question (eventually) I tend to cheer more for teams that have players on them that I've met and liked. Ottawa's goalie Patrick LaLime for example is a really nice guy. Eddie Belfour of the Leafs on the other hand has no people skills what so ever. Kevin Weekes , the Carolina goalie, used to play for our team and was as nice to the fans as anyone could ask for.
That said, I used to live in Denver for 5 years and am amazed by Forsberg (when he's healthy) and Sakic.
Bottom line though, I think it's imperative that a team from Canada win Sir S's cup this year. There's no way the US should have some of the teams that we do while Quebec and others fall by the wayside. It's best for the game.... just as I believe it was best for the game for Canada to win the Olympics.

Are you sorry you asked?
RaVeN

OT- hockey

RaVen said:
Are you sorry you asked?
No! Do you know how hard it is to find people online who are passionate about both books and hockey? Lets put it this way, the hockey forums I've browsed through aren't places where you find the most coherent discussions!

I like your method of choosing teams to cheer for. It's hard for me to like a player - even though I respect his talent - if he's a jerk off the ice. I always liked Kevin Weekes as a Canuck - sorry when he got traded.

Interesting to read your comment about the Cup going to a Canadian team. I don't think it's a popular notion south of the 49th. I agree that there should be more Cdn teams, but the economics are difficult for franchises to survive here.

Nice talking hockey with someone. If you want to continue, maybe we can start another thread?

Ell said:
Nice talking hockey with someone. If you want to continue, maybe we can start another thread?

I'd love to continue. I could talk hockey 24/7. I'll bet there are 1 or 2 others that might join in as well so please do open another thread !!!

RaVeN

Back