• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

ann rice, interview with the vampire help

Tanais Rahn

hi, this is my first thread, so soz if any mistakes, but, im a year 13 student at 6th form, and for my coursework im writing an essay on how Dracula, obviously from 'Dracula' and Louis from 'interview with the vampire' interact with the living world, but iv lost my Interview with the vampire', i got a few down on how Louis interacts, but i need more, if anyone could help me, it would b a great help!!! thanx again

Tanais Rahn said:
but iv lost my Interview with the vampire',

Go to a library.

i got a few down on how Louis interacts, but i need more, if anyone could help me

In what respect do you mean interacts? With other people, with his new position as vampire within the world, or with the changes in technology as the world goes on?

how he interacts with the world now hes a vampire, how he see's it differently, the poeple around him, and library one is out, gonna try the other library 2moz

:confused: Hmm. You're asking a very broad question. How he interacted with people when he was turned, or at the time of the interview with the reporter? His perception of humanity changed quite a bit over the years.

Let's start with this: What observations do you have now that you'd like expanded upon? Perhaps we can figure out what sort of things you're looking for... :)

Cathy

Can't really help, been too long since i read it, but was thinking Lestat's interactions with humans would be more interesting.

Isn't there an implication that Louis is lying through the whole book? Maybe just from the sequels....

id like to of compared Dracula and Lestat, but it was the two main vampires....not just how they interact, their social backgrounds, how that would effect them...shall we just say i chose a bad english lit c/w question?

You'd presume of your teacher set the question then it must be possible to generate a good essay on it. Is it too late to have a word with them and ask for a bit of a nudge in the right direction?

the teacher didnt make the question i did, and i know i can do this, gonna check other library 2morro 2 find a copy
Louis see's the world in a whole new light, he wants to find others of his kind and in his way, keep his old life, look after humans, by feeding off animals, Dracula seems the complete opposite, he has no problem with trapping people, eating them, turning them.....

yes but louis was created by another vampire, so he has a reason to believe there might be others like him which encourage him to keep looking. he knows there has to be some reason as to what he has become.
he's full of doubts and curiosity, thats and important part of his humanity.

on the other hand dracula become a vampire as a divine punishment, so he didnt have a reason to believe there were others and even so he wouldn care, remember that he was a powerful merciless warlord when he was human, and even then i dont think he cared much about people.
he has no doubts as what he become and the reason for it since its quite simple, god dont likes to be cursed.

ur knowlege of Dracula's past is alot better than mine, all i could remember was that he was an aristocrat and ur rite about louis, although, i changed my question earlier, im not concentrating on just Louis and Dracula, im concentrating on both groups:
The romantics as i call them, because of their passion towards life and the world, as well as the other Vampires (Louis, Armand, Claudia <shes in both> Madeleine, and the killers (Lestat, Santiago, Celeste, the Nathandal Vampires) the majority of the killers prey and taunt their prey, and Lestat appears not to give a damn about the dead, 'grabbed the mother's stinking body from the bed and made to dance with her.' where as we hear about how Santiago and Celeste and the other Thearte Vampires talk about their 'play times'

so exactly whats the question?

lestat dont care for the dead because for him they are corpses but has certain respect for the living, hence the rules like hunt only the evildoer and dont hunt close to your home, which i think happen to be follow by most vampires in either group (not sure who had been a while since i read an anne rice book which involves other vampires)

also his respect for the living and the world its show in the way he tries to make vampirism go public, in the hope people will believe and do something to get rid of the children of the night

there also should be another group mainly the olders like kayman, the guy who kills santino, at least one of the twins, who doesnt fall in the patterns you mentioned

iv read both books, but i havent got interview with the vampire..library wnt have it in agian 4 a while

Q is - 'How do the two groups of Vampires from 'Dracula' and 'Interview with the Vampire' differ in their interactions with the living, dead and natural world around them?'

Back