• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Another Newbie

nelle

Hello all! I have always wanted to discuss books with people but I never thought to try the internet. I just found this site yesterday and am excited to try it out. The main reason I decided to join is because I am currently reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" and wanted to ask a few questions about it. Have any of you read it? I haven't searched the site yet so I'm sorry if its already been discussed in depth. Anyway, I'm gonna check things out and hopefully start a thread about this book. Nice to meet everyone! :D

I've read it. Was a while ago though, so I can't remember too many of the details. Can remember that I enjoyed it. Not really much use to you though. :eek:

I'll get my coat.

Welcome. I've not read that particular book, but I hope you find the discussion you're looking for!

This is a great place to discuss books, as well. I find it is easier to find people on the internet to discuss books than I find in "real" life, as I don't know my book readers besides my own parents.

Hi Nelle! Welcome to the group.

I've read it, but like Litany, it was quite awhile ago now. I too enjoyed it. I'll check the thread and see if I can offer anything. :)

Hi there Nelle, welcome to thebookforum.

I used to talk to my fish about books but they got a little startled during a particularly harrowing scene in Moby Dick, and now they refuse to discuss the matter any more.

The Internet's the next best place though :)

Mxx

Hi Nelle, welcome and hope you enjoy here. Anytime you can ask us any questions. :)

Hello nelle,

Welcome & enjoy your stay! :)

RaVeN
(who's getting a little concerned about moderators having a sense of humor all of a sudden) :D

A hearty welcome to thee, oh fair maiden ..

*cough cough*

Have fun here!

Cheers, Martin :D

Read the Memoirs last year and, like the others, can't remember the details of it.
Anyway, welcome to the forum. Have fun :)

Third Man Girl

Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure what kind of people posted here (some message boards aren't very friendly) but now I am reassured. I am so glad I can talk about books with people now! And to find others that read. I can't understand why people don't read more. Its the best hobby to have (imho). Thanks again! :D

Hello all! I have always wanted to discuss books with people but I never thought to try the internet. I just found this site yesterday and am excited to try it out. The main reason I decided to join is because I am currently reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" and wanted to ask a few questions about it. Have any of you read it? I haven't searched the site yet so I'm sorry if its already been discussed in depth. Anyway, I'm gonna check things out and hopefully start a thread about this book. Nice to meet everyone! :D

you'll have to excuse Litany's sledgehammer wit

Back