• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

another newbie

geist

Hello everyone. I am an avid reader and am glad to have found this website! I read both fiction and non-fiction. In non-fiction, I like cookbooks (I find them relaxing even if I'll never cook the stuff), memoirs (just finished Burrough's Running With Scissors--holy cow!), home improvement/design... In fiction, I will read almost any genre. I am a fan of horror, fantasy, some romance (but only ones where it moves the story along, not bodice-rippers). I just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I devour books, though, so I need to belong to forums like this so I can constantly be getting new ideas for titles. Plus, it's fun to talk about the books after you've read them! Anyway, I'll look forward to talking to everyone on the threads.

Welcome to the forum.
You've come to the right place for both reading and talking about books.:)
Peder

Welcome to TBF! I hope you dive right in and join the often lively discussions that we have around here. Did you say you love cookbooks??? There's a thread just for you! We need to talk :D

Welcome, geist. You certainly have eclectic tastes! From cookbooks to horror... I hope to hear great things from you on the boards :) .

Welcome to TBF, geist :)

You'll certainly be finding more than enough ideas for new titles here.. I've been swamped with books to be read ever since I joined.

abecedarian said:
Welcome to TBF! I hope you dive right in and join the often lively discussions that we have around here. Did you say you love cookbooks??? There's a thread just for you! We need to talk :D

Wow, what a warm response. Thanks, everybody. I do have eclectic tastes, because I am a speed reader whether I want to be or not, and I am only happy when I am juggling two or three books. So I have to read a lot of different things to stay afloat! As far as cookbooks, lead on, McDuff (did I quote that right?). I am currently reading a cookbook about pairing meals with wine, Everyday Dining with Wine, by Andrea Immer. If I could, I would, indeed, dine everyday with wine! It's interesting in the fact that the recipes are divided by the type of wine you drink them with, not by traditional headings.

im fairly new also here n i just got the chance to browse this forum..question.. i have a friend who wrote this wonderful book(fantasy type book) and im kind of trying to spread the word around..(he is close to publishing the book). i surf the net more than he does and i have more(currently) time than he does..so right now im taking this opportunity to say hello...and i think i may have to split the 1st chapter into 2 part cause it only allows 10000 characters it seems..um..in one of the forums..i thought i introduce myself..and i hope im allow to post the 1st chapter here

geist said:
If I could, I would, indeed, dine everyday with wine! It's interesting in the fact that the recipes are divided by the type of wine you drink them with, not by traditional headings.

Welcome, so would I! I think a cookbook like that works very well. I'm a very picky wine drinker. I've got a decent wine collection in the basement, but it's almost 100% red and made mostly of pinots and cabs. A book like yours would make it easy to find recipes for those wines and skip recipes for everything else.

geist said:
so I need to belong to forums like this so I can constantly be getting new ideas for titles. Plus, it's fun to talk about the books after you've read them! Anyway, I'll look forward to talking to everyone on the threads.
Hi and welcome geist
This place certainly broadens your tastes in books, i am now reading authors i would never have done before joining.
Enjoy !!

Back