• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Another Scam Author: Kevin Trudeau

Motokid

NATURAL CURES "THEY" DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT, by Kevin Trudeau

Anybody bought into this guy and his infomercials? 20/20 did a story on this guy and he's one of the biggest scam artist's walking the planet. They showed him hawking all kinds of crap on tv. At some point he was taken to court and prohibited from selling merchandise. Through some loophole in the definition of merchandise he is able to write and sell books. So he's turned that into a scam now.

Just wondering if anybody's read this book, or seen the infomercials, or saw the 20/20 piece?

Here's the 20/20 story on this con man.

Good post Moto, I saw that particular episode. The guy is definitely a shyster of the first order. He's repackaged himself a number of times to make a quick buck off of people. It's amazing how people try to use their charisma(either real or imagined) to swindle others out of their money. :mad:

i've seen the infomercials and looked through the book.

this is the guy who tells people not to use sunscreen, he says it is the chemicals in sunscreen that give you skin cancer, not the sun. He says the same thing about deodorant.

The book has been on the best seller list for a long time now. He's a quack and people keep buying into his conspiracy theory and buying his books.

Intersting, someone gave me this book for Christmas and I didn't make it through the first chapter, it was a bit too conspirecy theory for me. I've stuck it in one of my out of the way shelfs and forgot about it, but the friend that gave it to me is convinced it's all true and is always talking about it.

Ronny said:
the friend that gave it to me is convinced it's all true and is always talking about it.

Perhaps you could forward the link in my original post to your friend?

I could but last time I tried something like that she went all nuts. I had told her about the book Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man by Hardy & Clark, and it almost ended our friendship.

Ronny said:
I could but last time I tried something like that she went all nuts. I had told her about the book Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man by Hardy & Clark, and it almost ended our friendship.

Some friend. I have friends like that, too, though, that our friendship will stay intact as long as we don't get onto certain subjects. Some people can't figure out being open-minded and have a willingness to look at subjects without prejudice equals not conservative or liberal but smart! By the way, I love Colette also, Gigi is one of my favorite movies (I read the book too).

Another guy I think is a TV-hawking scam artist is Dr. Phil. His latest thing now is to partner with Match.com, the internet dating site, to provide "love" advice for singles. This guy has got a whole line of products promising everything from a better love life to better health. Recently, he had some of his supplements called into question by the FDA, and he admitted he has no idea what's going on with line, because basically he sells his name to anybody who wants it without regard to the validity of the product!

Dr. Phil is the Antichrist. I think he knows what people want to hear and says it, so they'll buy his crap. I pay no attention to whatever he says or sells.

You guys are making me very glad I don't watch TV:D I always wonder about anyone who pops up with some deep dark secret "they" have kept from us. Of course there was that one guy who claimed to have found: Noah's Ark, Sodom and Gomorrah, the Hebrews' Red Sea crossing place,the true Mt. Sinai, AND the Ark of the Covenant..and he was a medical worker or something, NOT an archaeologist or historian at all. He was selling tapes and books.. Funny how he had such amazing luck where the real scholars have been dumbfounded for centuries.

How does he get away with it?

How does Kevin Trudeau get away with scamming so many people? You order a book off his infomecial and besides the book they send you their newsletter. Even if you tell them that you don't want it. Then they give you a number to call and cancel it but the numbers are disconnected!! I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision because they are who you contact about scams!! Warn everyone about him!! You go to the Natural Cures website and you have to pay $9.95 a month just to look at it. They do not have an email address, phone number or mailing address anywhere. What is wrong with that picture?

WOW. That is so terrible. I especially like the comment about sunscreen giving people cancer. That's just plain paranoia. It's like the schizophrenic who thinks the FBI put bugs in his shower curtain to spy on him. If that were true, I'd have cancer by now, becuase I'm at such high risk I put on sunscreen if I'll be outside for five minutes.

Anyway, someone needs to do something about this book. I'm all for freedom of the press and freedom of speech, and I'm very anti-censorship, but this is getting people sick, and probably killed. It needs to be taken off the shelves so people stop taking it seriously. And that man needs to be arrested. If people die because he gives them incorrect information for the purpose of making himself money, that is a criminal offense. It's murder, or manslaughter at least. And anyway, if he's in prison fewer people will be likely to believe his lies. Who trusts a convicted con artist?

oh there are 2 books now. He also came out with "more" natural cures, but apparently his 15 minutes were up and no one really cared so much about the second.

CJ.Williams said:
How does Kevin Trudeau get away with scamming so many people? You order a book off his infomecial and besides the book they send you their newsletter. Even if you tell them that you don't want it. Then they give you a number to call and cancel it but the numbers are disconnected!! I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision because they are who you contact about scams!! Warn everyone about him!! You go to the Natural Cures website and you have to pay $9.95 a month just to look at it. They do not have an email address, phone number or mailing address anywhere. What is wrong with that picture?

I just wanted to say I take some calls for this book and when we get to that part of the script, I try to ask people if they want the newsletter, even though the script doesn't say to ask. Because there is a spot that I can put an "x" if the caller doesn't want the newsletter. Yes, that does seem wrong for them to suggest that you have to get it, when your ordering the books.:eek: I wish the scripts where more friendly.

Back