• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Any decent TV shows?

Although I do know of a place online where you can get it delivered to your door within 24 hours for about a fiver and any film for about £1.50. :)

RainbowGurl said:
I suggest a TV show called Pretender. Its about a guy who is very smart and is often diffrent people to investergate or help people out ect.
One of my favourite shows!! It's over now, but they've just released the first two seasons on DVD. It has a fairly significant plot in the background that improves as the series goes on. I'm watching Season 1 for the first time at the moment as I bought the DVDs and they didn't really use the background plot a lot - concentrated more on Jarod's character development, I guess. But seasons 2, 3, and 4 - wow!

If you get the chance to watch the Joe Schmo Show it's hilarious. Basically it's a supposed 'reality TV' show, but everyone is an actor except one guy (aka Joe Schmo, a normal person). They all fill out the stereotypical reality TV characters (the bitch, the cool guy, the dumb blonde, the crazy guy, etc) and have completely bizarre plot twists yet the 'normal' guy doesn't catch on. They made two series - the first was like Survivor, and the second was a Bachelor/Bachelorette show with two Joe Schmos, male and female. Hilarious. I still hope they rerun the first show. It's damn funny, and if you hate reality TV, you will love this show.

I've seen snippets of the Pretender, and it didn't exactly rock my world. Different strokes, right?

Although I do know of a place online where you can get it delivered to your door within 24 hours for about a fiver and any film for about £1.50.
I know several places where I can get just about every show and film ever made for free. Not that I'm using them, because that would be wrong.

Martin said:
I've seen snippets of the Pretender, and it didn't exactly rock my world. Different strokes, right?
For sure. It's schmaltzy at times, which doesn't rock my socks off. But I love the ongoing plot and mystery in the background, and enjoy all the characters with the exception of Jarod, who lays it on a bit thick at times.

i watched house for the first time tonight and i liked it. the lead guy is great, cranky, smart, belligerent. i liked him.

Here in the UK, we're about a third of the way through Lost. While it's well filmed, the lack of resolution to every episide is becoming a little tiresome. I'm looking forward to the second series of The 4400, which airs later this month. Another interesting program that has just started series 2 is Hex: Set in a remote English school, Hex is the chilling story of one girl’s exploration of the supernatural and her own sexual awakening. Cassie is a shy student who discovers she is cursed by terrifying links to the past. Longing to be popular, but only truly loved by her best friend, Thelma who is kidnapped and sacrificed, Cassie’s tragic fate seems sealed, but then she realises she possesses dangerous powers, which she's going to need as she is stalked by Azazeal, the leader of the Nephelim.

You mean I have to wait that long. And don't tell me, there's no resolution then either, which sets it up for series 2. ;)

Rome

geneviv said:
Every show you listed in your first post is an HBO series, so maybe you would like their new show Rome .
I second that! As Lenny said, "full frontal nudity, sacrifices, crucifixions, and a lot more violence" (or something like that) all in the first 30 min. of the first episode... definitely worth watching ;)

Back