• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Any recomendations for psychological thrillers?

Loveridden said:
One of the best psychological thrillers I have ever read is "Intensity" by Dean Koontz, that one definately kept me on my seat! It is also my fav book by him.
I agree completely. I couldn't seem to find a good stopping point, so I read it in one sitting.

Just don't let anyone talk you into reading any of the drivel spewed by Tess Gerritsen. I read The Mephisto Club last fall, and it was total crap.

Best Psychological Thrillers

HI
I still believe that TURN OF THE SCREW is one of the best psychological thrillers/ghost stories ever written.
But moving into more modern times I agree with the suggestion of Minette Walters and would add:
Barbara Vine (aka Ruth Rendell)
Rosamond Smith (aka Joyce CArol Oates)
Arnaldur Indridason
Morag Joss
Karin Fossum
T. Jefferson Parker
Graham Greene
Richard Condon
John Sandford

These are just a few off the top of my head.

ENJOY
GERBAM

HI
T. Jefferson Parker

John Sandford[/B]

i read both of those guys as they come out
how about michael connely's harry bosch series
john d macdonald's entire 21 book travis mcgee series

i just read the latest john sanford
he's introducing a new character and i think,but hope not,that he's sending lucas davenport out to pasture

as for the 'prey' series i thought that the two clara rinker(hitwoman) books were the best

i read both of those guys as they come out
how about michael connely's harry bosch series
john d macdonald's entire 21 book travis mcgee series

i just read the latest john sanford
he's introducing a new character and i think,but hope not,that he's sending lucas davenport out to pasture

as for the 'prey' series i thought that the two clara rinker(hitwoman) books were the best

HI
I am a great fan of Michael Connelly's Bosch series but love THE POET most

The character in John Sandford's new book is one he used before and I have a feeling we will be seeing more of him. I like him, too, and I don't think Lucas is old enough to retire do you?

I know John D. Macdonald is an icon in the mystery/suspense/thriller ouvre but I don't care for him or Travis McGee. Isn't it great we have so many to choose from ... one for each other's taste.

ENJOY
GERBAM

HI
I am a great fan of Michael The character in John Sandford's new book is one he used before and I have a feeling we will be seeing more of him. I like him, too, and I don't think Lucas is old enough to retire do you?
GERBAM

being old myself i hope lucas stays active

i'm trying to remember just how old he is,but i can't recall any mentioning

i've always seen him as a front-edge boomer(now approaching 60),especially during whatever prey novel it was that he was picking out a top 100 songs for his new ipod as a minor sub-plot
he had a lot of 60s/70s stuff

Lucas Davenport Booms

being old myself i hope lucas stays active

i'm trying to remember just how old he is,but i can't recall any mentioning

i've always seen him as a front-edge boomer(now approaching 60),especially during whatever prey novel it was that he was picking out a top 100 songs for his new ipod as a minor sub-plot
he had a lot of 60s/70s stuff

LOL LOL LOL You are absolutely right. I am 65 and think of him as 58ish.
I love the music stuff ... Ian Rankin does the same thing in his Rebus novels and it works so well there too.

KEEP ROCKIN'
GERBAM

You could try John Saul. He tends to kill children is his books if you're into that. I know because my mother refuses to read anything he writes ever because of that little quirk

Undercurrents by Ridley Pearson
It's been out for quite a few years now, but I think that it's his best book.
Very suspenseful.
I also agree with the Dennis Lehane post.

I would recommend John Connolly - he write mysteries with a dash of the supernatural. His Charlie Parker series is superb.

I just finished reading Velocity by Dean Koontz and am now reading Three by Ted Dekker, and they are almost the same story. At least the same premise. However they are both very exciting and suspenseful and I highly recommend them both.

Mercy by David Lindsay was one of the best thrillers I've ever read.

Heartsick by Chelsea Cain was pretty good also.

Back