• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anybody watching the Apprentice

Motokid

I did not watch the first few seasons, but I've been glued to the screen with the newest "high school vs. college" scenario they came up with.

(boy do I miss hockey :( )

Trump sure made the right call last night.

Anybody else watching?

Ahhhh....I've been feeling like crap the last few days so I went to bed early and taped it. I have not seen it yet.

My god...was John always that big an ass? If he was they were not showing it as much. He should have been canned form the very get go. Never needed a meeting for that one.

I liked the shake up with the trading of a few members. The MILF part was kinda rediculous. Not really needed on that show in my opinion.

Absolutely my favorite "reality" show right now.

oh yeah...

Did you see the episode when they were setting up a miniature golf course? Audrey/Audra was the leader for Net Worth. She was horrible. I felt sorry for her too. But before she was leader, she was outside crying and telling people, "I'm so beautiful! Everyone just thinks that I'm soo beautiful! They forget that I'm smart and just think I'm beautiful!" It was horrible. She really didn't have any leadership abilities. But John treated her horribly, so I ended up just feeling sorry for her.

Son-of-a-bitch! The show started a half hour early last night. I missed the first half, and most of the story of coarse.

Well, so much for eye candy. Big-boobie Erin is gone. If she had just kept her mouth shut she might still be there.

If anybody saw the beginning can you please give me your input? Was Erin really the problem? If the whole idea was bad would having 4 people working on it instead of three have made that much of a difference? A bad idea is a bad idea no matter how many people are working on it. Right?

OMG! That happened to me too! Well... I didn't turn on the TV until they were already in the board room. It sucked that Erin was fired (IMO) she was my favourite. :p

Super asswipe Chris sneaks under the radar again, but by the skin of his teeth this time. I really am beginning to believe Trump bases his entire opinion on what he hears and see's in the board room.

If he's watching the footage we see I don't know how he could not fire that guy. Maybe next week.

I'm sure he doesn't watch the footage. He must rely on the results of the task, feedback from George and Caroline, and how they all present themselves in the boardroom. Pretty much how it would work in a real corporation, don't you think?

"I'm sure he doesn't watch the footage. He must rely on the results of the task, feedback from George and Caroline, and how they all present themselves in the boardroom. Pretty much how it would work in a real corporation, don't you think?"

Yeah, but it is TV too, and I would never doubt the use of taped footage to help elevate the drama if needed.

For now, I'll believe you Ell.

Motokid said:
Yeah, but it is TV too, and I would never doubt the use of taped footage to help elevate the drama if needed.
I'm sure they edit for maximum drama.

So, who do you think are the front-runners?

I'm sure I'll be accused of a big "Well Duh!" here but....

Final 3:

1. Alex (got a big pat on back last night)
2. Bren
3. Tana

Final 2:
1. Alex
2. Tana
(Bren's bow tie and "southern hick" bite him in the behind)

Winner......hold it....hold it.....(stalling for time...).....

I think Tana gets the job. Only her own control of her mouth can stop her.
If she tries to be too "street" much more she just might blow it. But I think if she can idle back a bit, she'll win the whole kit-an-kaboodle.

How 'bout you?

I did not know you were watchin. Thought it was just Libra6poe and myself all alone in here...nice to have another set of eyes.

Wow. We agree!

I think Tana is a diamond in the rough. I sometimes cringe at her choice of clothes, but style can be fixed. She's a lot smarter than others give her credit for, she's got a great sense of humour and also seems to know when to speak up and when to shut up within the group. AND she gets things done.

BTW, I thought she was hilarious (and effective) on the celebrity charity auction show.

You're right about Alex. I think Trump already has him chosen as a favourite.

Bren. I've got mixed feelings about this guy. For all his outward demeanor, he sure spends a lot of time talking/thinking about sex - or maybe he just really, really misses his wife :).

But I wouldn't discount Angie, either.

ps. I've been hooked on this show since mid-way through the first season. My guilty pleasure of the week. :eek:

Angie rubs me the wrong way. I think she goes right after Chris.

I just started watching this season. Totally hooked. Like much better than Survivor now.

Yeah, Angie comes off as rather abrasive on the tasks, but she presents herself well in the boardroom.

I like Craig, but he has a real problem communicating with the group and getting his ideas across.

As for Chris, I thought he'd go after the first couple of weeks. He's got such a short fuse! The first few times in the boardroom, it seemed like he was yelling all the time. This week, he seems to have toned it down. Even when he was defending himself against Alex, he came across much more controlled than in previous weeks. Hey, maybe it was the nicotine from his chewing tobacco that got him too hyper before? :D

I only started watching this season...although, I did watch some reruns of last season. Yeah, I can't stand Trump. I prefer Richard Branson. He's so charming...<sigh> but the show wasn't that great. But it was...in a way, better than The Apprentice. They did real things, you know? They went to Africa, met Nelson Mandela... they helped try to design a water system for an African tribe. There wasn't a lot of fluff... Branson doesn't have an enormous ego like Trump.

Anyway, April 7 episode:
I can't believe Chris survived another boardroom thing. But Angie was definitely at fault the most. Her presentation sucked ass. It was so embarassing.

YeHa!!! My Angie prediction came true in flying colors. Chris is by far doomed, but I do have to question whether Alex is totally coasting on purpose to allow the self-destruction of his "new" teammates. Did he do a damn thing to help his team this time? I think he completely coasted knowing Trump loves him.

I assume they will have to merge the two teams together now that they are down to 6 people?

I agree with everything. What did Alex do anyway? I hate Trump... calling everyone "losers". ugh. And what's with him saying "there's no such thing as failure"? wtf?

Back