• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anybody watching the Apprentice

I'm not sure why Trump thinks so highly of Alex. I also thought their designs for the tech-wear were terrible. The jackets for laptops were ridiculous. Zipped pockets on your back that can only be accessed by taking off the jacket or someone else taking it out for you? What's with that?! And they thought their ideas were better?

Loved how Tana took control and kept her team focussed - even with the fiasco of the backwards lettering on the jacket. She's someone I could/would work with in a heartbeat!

There will probably be a restructuring rather than a merge. In previous seasons, they've kept the team concept right to the end. More likely, they'll move someone over to even-up the teams again.

Do you think they'll move Tana to the so-called "loser" team to see how she does with them? If anyone's able to control Chris and his temper, it might be Tana.

April 14th episode:
Finally! Chris is elimated. <whew> He was so goofy in tonight's episode... "exteriorilly" "interiorilly"... he certainly is creative when it comes down to making up words. I never really liked him - he has such a horrible temper... but I felt sooo bad when he started crying. :p Poor thing. Oh well, he's a millionaire anyway, can't feel sorry for him too long. ;)

Man I'm good. Chris is gone. Good. But what was up with everybody else?

Alex, again, totally F'd up and then did not try to help when he knew something was wrong with the text. How could he have not had time to get a few pictures of the interior of that car? Was he too busy watching the hot babe model?

Tana was way out of line a few times. What's up with both her and Craig leaving Kendra and going to bed???? Then Tana acts like the leader once they get in front of the Pontiac people? She really lost points with me last night big time. At least Craig kept in the background during the meeting. Tana was really, really out of line. My prediction that her mouth might be her biggest enemy looks like a good call at this moment.

Kendra, who is really annoying, totally stepped up and ruled that entire task. I hate to admit it but she rocked that brochure.

I wonder what Trump would have said if he knew both Tana and Craig went to bed and left Kendra completely on her own?

Week 12

Yeah, I'm definitely disappointed with Tana. Clearly riding her exemption.

Carolyn to Alex, "Saying that you had a nap is probably not a positive thing," Perhaps he was just being honest and decided to 'fess up to it before someone else did.

How many times do you think they had to shoot footage of Trump trying for a free throw at Madison Square Garden before he sank one? :D

Kendra definitely surprised us, "My strategy is to be quiet and sit back and observe. I know who every single opponent is as far as strengths and weaknesses ... and now I’m a force to be reckoned with."

I'm not sure why Tana and Craig couldn't pull an all nighter... perhaps it's because usually people who went to college are used to all nighters. Staying up for 48 hours isn't really necessary when you're in high school. But I don't know... I think that's what Bren was implying when he said that he knew Tana and Craig couldn't do it.

The problem with Kendra is that she has NO leadership ability. As project manager, she should have gotten Tana and Craig onside with her. What exactly did she want them to do? Was she asking them for specific input about the brochure? Or were they just sitting there watching her work on the computer?

The presentation thing also should have been settled before they got there. i.e. Kendra (again the manager) should have made it perfectly clear who was presenting and what they were presenting. If they walked into a high-level meeting without that decided, then it is a leadership problem.

Ell said:
The problem with Kendra is that she has NO leadership ability. As project manager, she should have gotten Tana and Craig onside with her. What exactly did she want them to do? Was she asking them for specific input about the brochure? Or were they just sitting there watching her work on the computer?

The presentation thing should also have been settled before they got there. i.e. Kendra (again the manager) should have made it perfectly clear who was presenting and what they were presenting. If they walked into a high-level meeting without that decided, then it is a leadership problem.

Excellent points. You're right, as a leader she should've talked to her team and discussed thoroughly exactly what she wanted out of them. She should've been able to delegate not do all the work. At one point, when they were talking to her, she just walked away, right? Yeah, that was awful.
She just showed a good job as a hard worker, not as a leader.

"Why do the folks at Yahoo have this obsession with Trump?"

Why? Why???

Trump is success personified. He's made, and lost, and re-made millions if not close to billions of dollars by now and he's still going. He is winning the game of life. He's winning a real life Monopoly game.

I find it funny when people make comments about how they just can't get past his hair. Screw his hair. Life's not about looks is it? Or is it?

I could care less what he looks like.

The man's a business genius. That's why people, not just Yahoo are obsessed with him. Trump is a business genius and Yahoo is a business.

Of COURSE he's a business genius. He's also widely regarded as greedy, pretentious, attention-seeking, petty, and generally irritating! Or maybe I`m just getting cranky in my old age! :) I just don't like having his likeness stuck in my face every time I log on....

Ditto..

I like Richard Branson. He's so handsome. :p And he's not all "look at me" "look at me" or "Bransom tower" "Branson Hotel" you know? He's doesn't seem as materialistic or superficial.

It's interesting that somebody would call Trump greedy. How many thousands of jobs, and careers has he created for people in this world?

How is building an empire that provides thousands, if not tens-of-thousands of people with jobs and benefits being greedy? He puts food in peoples mouths and roofs over peoples heads. I'd say that regardless of how much money he personally has in his bank account he's been extremely generous throughout his life time.

Why is it that people who rise far and above what the majority of people in history can ever even dream of achieving, get labeled with such negative descriptions? And Trump did it with brains, not good looks, or athletic ability, or through something "silly" like acting or singing. Trump is not Brad Pitt. Not by a long shot. Trump and Bill Gates both prove you don't have to be pretty to become a major force in this world. Brianpower can rise to the surface and make you worth billions.

Why is it that people who rise far and above what the majority of people in history can ever even dream of achieving, get labeled with such negative descriptions?
It's because they're in the public eye.
But it's not just because they have money, people are criticized for many other factors.

Motokid, I apologise! Donald Trump isn't greedy, nor is he "irritating", and his taste in interior decor is beyond reproach! (If it's stationary- GOLD PLATE it!) I'm sure his intentions in business aqquisitions have always been that his EMPLOYEES come before himself. You were right, and I was wrong...

You weren't wrong! And you shouldn't apologize... you weren't stating any facts, ... you said that he was regarded as greedy... ;)
hehehe... oh yeeaah.. Trump is a freakin' Saint. :rolleyes:

Saint Donald...Patron saint of generosity, good will, beneficence to all, good taste in interior decoration... I defer to thy gold plated ass.

Back