• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anybody watching the Apprentice

I've read a few different articals on job interviewing. I've never once read where stating something negative about previous employers, and fellow employees was a good thing. You should certainly never bad mouth the people that are working for you, and with you. And to do it on camera was really stupid.

I missed the actual announcement that Kendra had won. I'll watch the tape tonight. But I saw right up to it. I thought Tana's "whoop whoop whoop" at the crowd for when it was disclosed that the shape of the Pontiac brochure was her idea was in extremely bad taste. If there was any doubt in Trumps head about who to pick that should have sealed the deal. Tana did not get the "team aspect" even up to the end. She wanted all the credit for herself on that.

Tana looked like a deer caught in headlights most of the show. I think she knew she was targeted as the loser. In my opinion, the right woman won.

I'm surprised nobody here has really played up that the final two were female. I made the remark to my daughters on a few occasions. The girls spanked the boys.... :D

Motokid - it didn't really hit me that the finale was two women until I saw Bill and Kelly up on stage. Heh! Tana did indeed look like a deer in the headlights. She saw the tapes and knew what everyone else saw, but worse, she saw how well Kendra performed.

Kendra was whiny and not a very good communicator, which is why I had not considered her to be one of the final contestants. Though Tana completely blew the moment, I was very surprised to find out that Kendra did NOT do all the work on the Pontiac assignment and that she did not deserve all the credit as she had claimed. Bad Kendra - very very bad. She covered her whiny butt very well when she claimed to allow Tana credit because she deserved credit. Kendra still deserved the win over Tana though.

First rule of customer service - the customer is always right, even when they are wrong. That is, you treat them with respect and dignity. You do what you can to appease them and make them smile, otherwise you risk losing future business. You never ever bad mouth your employees to the customer. When you do so you lose all credibility and you risk losing future business. If the customer wants a flag and you can't find it then you state that you will try to find one and/or you apologize profusely for the confusion and find some other way to make them happy. I don't know what happened to Tana but she threw away this opportunity. She had the apprenticeship nailed and got too cocky and self-involved.

btw - I had picked Tana and possibly Alex as the final two. I thought that Bren might pull himself together enough to possibly be one of the finalists but not only did he give up but he had been too cocky and ruined his chances.

Back