• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anyone ever read two books at once?

I like to keep at least 2 books going at one time, usually a fiction and a non-fiction.

At the same time, I like to write at least two books at one time, sometimes with story notes for a third in between. Whenever the well runs dry for one, I check the other, it's usually good to go. Sort of like visiting friends here and there.

I read more than one book at the same time but usually they are very different from each other. For example I usually read a book by a Finnish author and by a foreign author at the same time, or books that are about totally different time. Actually, at the moment I'm reading four books... But none of them really has anything in common with any other. I've tried to stop reading more than one book at a time but always when I finish one there some other book I just can't wait to start reading.

I usually read two or more books at a time. I also listen to music while reading, and while reading i listen to my podcasts and books on my ipod. Thats usualy how i read so many books in a week.....

HPRox

hi all,
i read 2 books at a time few times.
one book i read in my room while the other book, in fact ebook i read in my college computer lab.

I read one at work and one at home. When I used to have more time I once had 6 books going at once.

I don't read two books at once. If I have two books, my mind will craft reasons to quit one book and read the other book instead. Or if I get bored with the other book, I'll return to the one I quit. Ultimately, I'll end up quitting both books and seek refuge in sleep.

I usually have a few going at once. The downside to multireading is that it makes it easier to give up on one book in favor of another. After that happens, I never seem to get back to it.

I also (normally by accident, or because I'm stuck in a 'subject-minded' mix the day up mode from my school days), tend to have a couple on the bounce.

Mix it up and all that, though it does occasionally mean that I get drawn from one book to another and leave the first bythe wayside...

I'll usually only be working on one book at a time, but sometimes when I'm in the middle of a big, thick, occasionally dry non-fiction book, I'll take a break and read a quick Bradbury or Clarke or something. In fact, in the middle of The World Is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman, I read the entire Space Odyssey series and The Red Badge of Courage.

i am in the middle of reading two books and its kinda cool. its actually not hard and neither of the books interfere with the other.

has anyone else ever done this?

I am doing it from 2 months. UNIX Netowrk Programming by W. Richard Stevens along with TAKEDOWN by Tsutomu Shimomura. But that will be called cheating :D as firstone is the professionsal book I need to finish at my job by next month.

Back