• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anything good going on?

Well, Clearwater Kansas is having their Fall Festival this weekend :D Several of my kids had projects entered in an art contest, and they have high hopes of winning the sidewalk drawing contest this afternoon. At this moment I'm taking a break from a morning of garage saling with 4 of the kiddos, before I start over with a different three kids..Life ain't all bad!

abecedarian said:
Well, Clearwater Kansas is having their Fall Festival this weekend :D Several of my kids had projects entered in an art contest, and they have high hopes of winning the sidewalk drawing contest this afternoon. At this moment I'm taking a break from a morning of garage saling with 4 of the kiddos, before I start over with a different three kids..Life ain't all bad!

The sidewalk drawing contest sounds cool. Don't forget your camera.

MonkeyCatcher said:
We won't have to put up with the face of our current prime-minister for much longer.

Election day next Saturday :D
Man, I want to find out what your beef is with Helen Clark.... but I can't ask about politics, despite the fact that I can't see a discussion about NZ politics really raising too many hackles (that's the second time I've used 'hackles' on this forum today... weird) - that's not to be offensive, it's just that you're the only regular NZer I know of on this forum, and I don't think a discussion of Oz politics would be a big flaming point either.

If you feel like PMing me, I'd love to know... is it based on the sea shore policy thing?

Kookamoor said:
but I can't ask about politics, despite the fact that I can't see a discussion about NZ politics really raising too many hackles (that's the second time I've used 'hackles' on this forum today... weird) - that's not to be offensive, it's just that you're the only regular NZer I know of on this forum, and I don't think a discussion of Oz politics would be a big flaming point either.
Hehe :D Don't worry, I'm not offended.. I couldn't exactly imagine a NZ or Aussie politic discussion being the most popular thread on the forum either.

If you feel like PMing me, I'd love to know
PM sent :D

He IS good, and I find it so funny that he's won the chalkdrawing contest for two years now..as soon as he could stand up and clutch a drawing utensil in his chubby little fist, he would draw on the walls. Drove me and my hubby insane. We tried spanking, having him clean the mess, nothing worked until he was about 4, and my dh started having him put his nose wherever he drew..the last time he had to do that was when he drew on the unfinished basement floor..After that he discovered paper :D
And he's been drawing nonstop since then.
He's not the only artistic child I have though, except for dd #2, they all either like to draw or are craftsy in some fashion. My 16 yr old dd won the over-all award for the arts and crafts competition this weekend for her baby quilt. The others took blue ribbions for at least one of their projects. Mom and Dad are sorta proud :cool:

School was cancelled today because it's snowing (it's supposed to be the worst storm we've seen in 20 years).. work will possibly close too :D

MonkeyCatcher said:
School was cancelled today because it's snowing (it's supposed to be the worst storm we've seen in 20 years).. work will possibly close too :D

snow days are the best. :) I'm sure the teachers will be depressed. :rolleyes:

Back